XenForo 1.3.0 Release Candidate 1 Released

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by AWS, Feb 25, 2014.

1. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Well I'm at fault as well as Mark, I posted enough crap in those threads myself which I'm not too proud of now. So for me personally, with both me and Mark being the two main people hyping on in them. Then since him trying to get all his posts removed, or his name removed from them is rather annoying from my side of things. Because that makes him in the clear had he managed it, while all my posts still remain.

He's a sly one, simple as.

2. Superboy

Superboy Most Likely, I'm Insane.

I personally don't see anything wrong with Mark at all. Granted because I don't actually get so heavily invested in these forum wars(VBulletin vs Xenforo, since IPB sticks to themselves) like a lot of people do. No disrespect to anyone but I never saw the issues people had with Mark simply because Mark, like the rest of the people caught up in the drama with him, were all grown adults sitting around arguing about a forum software lol and imo it seems that because he was anti-xenforo or whatever, he seemed to take a lot of hit of it....not to mention those pro-xenforo users weren't ever properly reprimanded. Some of them are STILL around on various sites and that to me screams unfairness, imo.

Just my opinion. Idk Mark personally..I am not even sure I have ever spoken to him but seeing him here, Adex and TAZ and a few other places, I never had an issue with the guy simply because i never cared enough to get so wrapped up what anyone thinks about a forum software that I like. I just found humor in the fact that I am 18 and a lot of people 2-3 times my age were acting so upset over such trivial arguments lol

If i am wrong about anything, feel free to educate/correct me.

it's just like the people sitting around in the "Vbulletin Market share" threads. It just seems all petty to me lol

John likes this.
  3. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    What is it? I could definitely use it.

4. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

There are plenty of discussions showing his hypocrisy. Just browse around here and on TAZ. I'm not a fan boy of any software. I use what I think is the best personally.

5. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Speaking for me personally, I don't dislike Mark at all, even though we argue a lot in the past and present. In fact, I think he's quite a funny character to be honest, he amuses me. And I've always let him join my forums run.

Just because we argue, doesn't mean I dislike him.

6. Superboy

Superboy Most Likely, I'm Insane.

LOL that's surprising to hear as everytime i saw you both you argued like crazy haha
    But it does sound familiar to a situation of my own :)

(The drama was funny to read though lol)

7. GTB

GTB Regular Member

If honest, Mark is one of those characters forums need. Love or hate him, he does bring out the poster in you. BamaStang, he doesn't seem to like him very much, but even he can't deny he makes him post replies back.

pixelek likes this.
  8. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

Bob deleted my account on Admin Addict. I did not ask for it to be deleted, nor did I attempt to delete my posts, I merely stated I was leaving. That Bob then deleted the account did not bother me, however it is disingenuous to suggest it was done at my request. I have pointed this out to you several times yet you persist in repeating the same lie.

AWS likes this.
  9. GTB

GTB Regular Member

We'll agree, to disagree then.

As you told me before you asked it be removed if he was going to give those databases away for free, that you didn't agree with him doing in that competition on AA.

10. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

Let's not revisit old ground. There was far more to it than just the lawsuit, and I cannot believe for even one second that you're not aware of it.

It's over now and I'm surprised you still persist in bringing it up.

11. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Regular Member

First Name:
    Jason
    AWS and GTB like this.
  12. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Now... I wonder if Mark is going to object to this being done?

13. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Regular Member

First Name:
    Jason
    Oh yeah, you might want to restore threads he started, too. So something like:
    Code:
    UPDATE xf_thread SET user_id = 8089 WHERE username = 'Mark.B' AND user_id = 0

GTB likes this.
  14. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I'll give it a try.

Yes Gary Mark is correct. He stated he was leaving and didn't want anything more to do with the site. It has always been my policy that when someone posts that they don't want to be part of the site to move then to an inactive group. Mark's tone sounded like he wouldn't even want that so I deleted the account.

I confess I did act in haste, but, at the time I had a legal issue going on over a similar thing at another site.

jmurrayhead likes this.
  15. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Fair enough, as Mark did make it sound to me on my ProBoards run at the time as if he wanted it removed. But if that's the case then, OK. All said and done, you still did what he wanted you to do, he made it quite clear he wasn't bothered about you deleting his account on my ProBoards then, saying he wasn't going to post their again anyhow.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  16. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

If I've removed a post, then I've removed with good reason, and because the forum software was set to permit it.

I have no issue with the rules getting changed going forwards but I do have an issue with rule changes being applied retrospectively and I would expect that this will not be done on a professionally managed site.

If it is to be the case that, once again, the demands of a baying mob are to be acceded to, then naturally I'll be unable to continue posting here. I hadn't wanted to take any further part in this site when Bob bought it but was persuaded to do so. If in fact my contributions aren't required and I'm just to be used as an object for agenda-driven vBulletin haters to poke a stick at and create yet more drama, then naturally I'd be moving to more professionally-managed sites.

The ball's in Bob's court really.

17. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

I was never anti-XenForo. It's a great product, it's brought a lot to the forum market, and beyond into other stuff like blogs. I was against some of the things that were going on, and yes at the TIME I was a paying customer as I had an ACTIVE license Now my license is inactive as I did not renew it due to having no plans to ever use the product, so I'm still technically a customer but not a "paying" customer.

I only really bought the license - on day one I hasten to add - in order to support the team. That shouldn't be overlooked either.

Superboy likes this.
  18. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

I don't think I deleted much on this site, I never really posted much here. AdminAddict posts won't be associated with my account whether I deleted them or not, since the account was deleted by Bob.

19. GTB

GTB Regular Member

As I expected... knew you'd object against it and threaten to stop posting here again. Why do you have an issue with it, after all they ARE your posts made, so what does it matter if they linked back to your account?

Really don't understand on what bases your objecting to it for?

20. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

Interesting that this is actually a thread about XF's latest release, and yet nobody seems to want to discuss that, people only seem interested in dredging up irrelevant drama from years ago. Says it all really...some of the people concerned are just not serious forum owners, they just want a bit of silly drama going on.