XenForo 1.3.0 Release Candidate 1 Released

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by AWS, Feb 25, 2014.

1. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Mark, can you tell IB they have made a mistake on their homepage? Cheers!!!!

Snap1.jpg

pixelek and s.molinari like this.
  2. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

Excellent. I think that's a very sensible move on their part.

The devil certainly IS in the detail so I applaud the quick change, and also whoever let them know.

3. Big al

Big al Regular Member

It is quite a difference to see how a organization that CARES for its customers can do the right thing by its customers.

VB/IB and staff are being shown up as losers at every stage

4. Big al

Big al Regular Member

A Good idea. I am sure they are not aware of how they are misleading people. Here is a chance for Mark B to show he cares.

5. pixelek

pixelek Regular Member

Its called censorship and is welcomed nowhere

6. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

That's valid, though in their defence they are a private business and they can decide who has access to their site.

7. Russ

Russ Regular Member

When the majority of bugs lately are wording, or capitalization, I can say I'm truly proud to of stuck behind XF during the dark times. The product speaks for itself.

8. pixelek

pixelek Regular Member

Cannot agree. They can control who has access to their sites but they must not limit freedom of speech. Only well-speakers allowed. Its more like dictatorship.
    I think forum owners should learn how to handle criticism and change their policies on that.

9. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

Oddly, despite me being on the receiving end of a ban over there, I have to disagree with you.
    I sort of agree with the principle but company support sites are not democracies, they are private businesses and they have every right to remove negative comments about their product if they so wish.

You can argue whether it's a good idea, but they do have that right.

I was critical of stuff that was going on at the time - as I was a paying customer that is legitimate - but I always knew there was a reasonable possibility they wouldn't put up with it, and so eventually they chucked me off. I'd probably have done the same if I'd been them. There's no hard feelings about it, but by the same token I stand by what I said.

Water under the bridge, I wish them well and always have.

10. Brogan

Brogan Regular Member

I did, yesterday, after seeing your comment.

It was copied and pasted from an outdated template by mistake.
    The corrected text is what has been used for some time, for example:
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-3-0-beta-4-released-unsupported.68893/
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-3-0-beta-3-released-unsupported.68489/
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-3-0-beta-2-released-unsupported.68058/
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-3-0-beta-1-released-unsupported.67501/

Mark.B and Superboy like this.
  11. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

Cool thanks for the update Brogan.

(Contrary to some of the comments in this thread, my reasons for pointing it our were genuine).

12. pixelek

pixelek Regular Member

I would not. Simply, because its unfair to shut one's mounth because of him/her having stated criticism. Btw its good to know how to handle criticism properly.

Autopilot and AWS like this.
  13. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

@Mark.B
    Now that is trolling. Attempting to cause a shit storm over your splitting hairs on a generally accepted verbage then tuck tail and run because others have a difference of opinion you can't or won't accept. To me it's understandable why they banned you from posting. They simply do not have the time to play your childish word games. They are busy producing a viable working forum script which your employer seems incapable to doing at this point. Perhaps if you turned your energy to pointing out the flaws to vb/ib in their forum script your time might be better spent if they don't ban you from posting there even though you are a vb licensed customer.
    It's always nice to see you posting your failed critique of the week, you are sadly funny in a way. Such an attention getter.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    pixelek, GTB and Big al like this.
  14. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

It was a petty issue Mark, people pointed this out to you and you failed to accept that. Now go find something constructive to do at vB, maybe their support will take an upswing (NOT)

Big al likes this.
  15. Big al

Big al Regular Member

It is quite revealing that the VB staff are happy to post against customers here on minor issues, (some call it nitpicking) but seem unwilling to inform VB/IB of the major reasons they are failing so badly.

pixelek and Autopilot like this.
  16. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Don't know Mark, you've repeated a few times now in the past about being a "Paying Customer", as though you think that gives you a right to say what you want and get away with it on forums you own the software for. It doesn't work like that Mark. You may want it to work like that, but it doesn't.

You mention giving criticism as a paying customer, but I remember what got you banned. You was trolling the XF forums arguing with the same mod, Slavik - because he stuck you in post moderation. You had a beef with him, because you thought he was picking on you. So you wouldn't have it and carried on trolling him and that was what got you banned in the end.

I love it how you always try and change a story around later on, to be something that isn't true of what really happened. What you did on XenForo leading to your ban their, was exactly the same as what you did on vBulletin years ago when banned from their also. Same thing, you got too outspoken thinking you was above banning because you're a paid up customer.

Autopilot likes this.
  17. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

This could easily be solved if Mark didn't go on a deleting post spree prior to his banning.

I still don't understand why he is allowed on admin sites like this. He is pure worthlessness to the communities. He gets his rocks off on causing problems and trolling.

zappaDPJ, Big al and Autopilot like this.
  18. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Mark was banned, or should I say his account was deleted from Admin Addict on request before it was merged with this forum. He now only shows 125 posts to his name, when he should be showing over a 1000 easy like me. Most of his other posts are now listed as guest ones, like this one here: Development stopped until the trial is over?

If you ask me, he was trying then to get all his post made in those XenForo threads removed by asking his account be deleted. Glad AWS had the brains to still leave his name attached to them. He likes running around removing traces of what he's posted later on. Not stupid is he...

19. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Regular Member

First Name:
    Jason
    A simple SQL statement can reattach those posts @AWS :evillaugh:

pixelek, GTB and BamaStangGuy like this.
  20. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

Yea Mark, the lawsuit wasn't the cause of the lack of communication at all. That's why when the lawsuit ended development started back along with the communication.

More bullshit from the same people. At least this time his posts still exist, unlike his deleting spree on xenForo.

Autopilot likes this.