Will you buy a copy of xf?

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by Abomination, Aug 24, 2010.

?

Will you buy a copy of xf?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

48.0%
  3. Maybe

56.0%
  1. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Well, it looks like Internet Brands are after taking over full control of XenForo now.

Must say, I've been a little surprised also that people have been so ready to part with their money, buying multiple licenses after IB warned people not too, pending their future court case against them.

2. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Regular Member

I really don't care what IB says on the matter, and would love to see them buried in this lawsuit. My only concern is the actual investment of funds in XenForo software only to be told months down the road it's illegal.

The software looks absolutely great, seriously, and it's miles ahead of vBulletin as far as I can tell, just from the user side. This is what vB4 should have been all along, but who am I to say I guess ;)

3. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Well talk seems to be that, Internet Brands will be after taking over control of XenForo. Not so much getting rid of it.

4. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

That won't happen.

5. GTB

GTB Regular Member

How do you know it won't happen? Please, enlighten me? Based on what facts are you jumping to such a clear-cut assumption? Nobody knows what will happen yet! Not Kier, Mike and Ashley. Nor Internet Brands themselves. That will get decided for them in a court of law later.

Yes, we all know your staff at XenForo now Peggy. But please put your brain into gear and think about what your saying, rather than just talking like an "XenForo Fan Girl" who's just here to be a cheerleader for them.

But in the meantime, here's an interesting read: Internet Brands v. Xenforo: A Lawyer's Opinion | The Law Professor

6. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Mrgtb, you're jumping down Peggy's throat for jumping to conclusions when you yourself are touting that IB will be taking over XenForo. For one, if you're going to criticize someone, you probably shouldn't be doing the same thing you're criticizing them for. You're being hypocritical. And secondly, quit with the inappropriate comments towards people who disagree with you.

Back to our nice discussion now. :cool:

2 people like this.
  7. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Thank you Nick.

I'm not here to be a cheerleader for anyone MrGTB. It seems that as far as you, and a few others, is concerned, anyone who says anything good about XenForo and/or Kier/Mike/Ashley are automatically fanboys/girls. Well, ppffftt. You're entitled to your opinion, and so am I.

Facts? I don't have any facts. And neither do you, but that hasn't stopped you, now has it?

To clarify my statement above, just so you get it straight - it is my opinion, and deep feeling, that XenForo will not be taken over by IB, nor will they be shut down by IB's suit. They have their own handful of lawsuits to deal with, among other things.

Clear enough? :)

8. gnatster

gnatster Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    Riddle me this MrGTB...

If IB has a such a firm leg to stand on why did then not press for an injunction stopping xF sales?

For we know you are an agent for IB with the FUD you shovel around.

9. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Excuse me, but did you read my post proper above? I said no nobody knows, I strongly suggest you take the time to "actually read" what I write before replying next time.

10. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Oh my gawd, you've rumbled me!!! :nailbite:

11. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Regular Member

You've definitely been doing what Nick suggested you had. Go back, take a look through your own posts and you'll see it. If not, well, that's just you, but everyone else can!

2 people like this.
  12. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I even quoted his statement in my post and he still doesn't see it. Mrgtb, go back and look at your posts and my response (hint: it's the first quote in my post prior to this one).