Wibiya Toolbar

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Nick, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I like reading all of the positive reviews, but I find the toolbar to be annoying, personally... otherwise I'd love to use it on some of my sites. Have you guys received any complaints thus far?

2. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Shelley if you added the brand new code, then you have the updated version.

I tried out the translator a couple of hours ago on my site, and it literally does translate everything on the site, with the exception of images, of course, to the language selected. It was awesome.

Their customer support is excellent which you've already experienced, in small part.
    I agree with you, I really feel that this toolbar can be very beneficial to most sites.

3. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I have received none Nick, only positive feedback. You do realize that you can add a condition so that anyone who doesn't want to see it can disable it. I have that on my site, but so far, no one has disabled it.

4. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Yes, I do realize that... but it still poses the possibility of annoying some. CometChat can be disabled with a conditional, but I still read tons of complaints about it. :shrug:

5. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Yeah, updated and all working as it should. Infact, nothing ever goes wrong with this application.

Everything about it spills greatness. Notification for inactive areas to become active and induce interest (it has so many benefits to many to type). Tweet, share on face book. The search is also very good. And I agree the translator works great. Nothing to complain about the toolbar and I haven't received any complaints because (these people never get anything wrong) when you minimize the toolbar it really does minimize it in the bottom right corner where it remains discrete.

10/10 not a bad word to say about this toolbar.

6. kaambiz

kaambiz Novice

First Name:
    kaambiz
    I've installed on two sites of mine, one is a wordpress and has no problem at all. But on my IPB board it had some strange effects, mainly caused all JS being disabled. beside that there were no complaints, most of my members liked it.

7. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

Would you kindly spell out how to do this conditional? please?

8. M3xital

M3xital Novice

First Name:
    Pedro
    I've just installed on my site. :)

9. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I would, but I don't remember what all I did. :(

The instructions are in a post on Wayne's site, which is closed til after the 1st. But when he opens back up, you can get it.

When someone joins my site, they have the option to enable or disable the toolbar during registration.

10. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Ditto that ^

However, I am going to ask them if they can do something to make the toolbar just stay still, rather than popping up on each new page. I can see how the popping up and down could be annoying, altho it isn't for me.

11. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Create a new profile field that is a checkbox. Label it as something similar to, "Tick this box to hide the Wibiya toolbar." Take note of the ID of this new profile field.

Then, depending on what the instructions for installing the Wibiya toolbar are, place this conditional around the code you have to add:
    Code:
    <if condition="$vbulletin->userinfo['field[COLOR=Red][I][B]X[/B][/I][/COLOR]'] != '1'">

WIBIYA CODE HERE

</if>
    Change X to the ID of the profile field that you created. This code essentially reads, "If the checkbox from field X is ticked, don't show the Wibiya toolbar."

2 people like this.
  12. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

Fantastic. Thanks

13. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Yep that's it, lol.

14. Tex

Tex Adept

First Name:
    Blake
    Love it! Using it on my site, have been but just upgraded it.

15. Peacelily

Peacelily Adept

I want to try this out, but I cannot find the /body tag in the footer template?

Help?