Why So Much Hate?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Ludwig, Mar 23, 2014.

1. petertdavis

petertdavis Old Timer

I think some of it is spill over from TAZ. Sometimes I get the feeling that TAZ staff goes out of their way to protect vBulletin (meaning, they remove posts and lock threads that get too critical of vBulletin software and staff while letting people like Paul and Mark get away with much more than the anti-vBulletin folks do). Bottom line is, though, if you want discussions on other topics here at this forum, start them. :)

AWS, Autopilot and Big al like this.
  2. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

Remember it's still in beta though. We don't recommend its use on production sites.

3. VICE

VICE Regular Member

Are you referring to vB5?

4. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

Maybe he is referring to vBulletin 3.8.8? I don't think there is a year long beta for 4.2 yet.

5. pixelek

pixelek Regular Member

If so, why there are so many bans on vb5 official forum? Instead of replying you simply give ban. Its simply against what you have just stated....

Autopilot, Terry and Big al like this.
  6. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Very true.

pixelek likes this.
  7. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

Figures and usernames then please. The last month. Lets have details of all the "so many bans".

8. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Some of the bans are mentioned here:

http://admin-talk.com/threads/how-many-have-been-banned.51062/

Where was the "The last month" Part mentioned in Pixeleks post? It would be best if you stopped misquoting posts from others to fit your agenda.

We are all well aware of the bans, deletions and alterations of customers valid comments that have taken place to mislead and deceive potential new customers. Why not question the purpose behind the bans rather than trying to deflect the issue?

pixelek and Autopilot like this.
  9. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

You prove to be as dumb as everyone says you are each time you walk into a thread like this and engage people.

pixelek, Autopilot and Big al like this.
  10. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Where's the proof???
    d5899d7c877e8da7c9c6ac6cf3d1e87c.jpg

pixelek and s.molinari like this.
  11. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Ban?? Delete?? Ban??? Delete???
    View attachment fda05c08208cbee9cc0a0a15e0af1bba.jpg
    Now that I've banned everyone and deleted their messages I can go to other forums and deny they ever posted in the first place. They're not members, they never posted, prove me wrong....................

pixelek and Big al like this.
  12. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Have you been tutored by mark, the Flip Flop man?

Autopilot likes this.
  13. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Well he is a Master Baiter, who could help but learn from his skills???

pixelek and Big al like this.
  14. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Wouldn't these threads be so much less exciting, if Mark didn't pop in like Mr. Whack-a-Mole with his comments to take his usual beating? Oh wait....Whack-a-Troll! Buaahahahahahaha....:evillaugh:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-jaOfIHGko

Scott

pixelek and Autopilot like this.
  15. pixelek

pixelek Regular Member

Excuse me???? Who do you think I am? Jesus Christ? You think that I will give you all the details you demand having absolutely no access to it??? How am I supposed to do that legally???
    Its you who - as IB employee - have access to these details so check it yourself ........

I suppose you wake up from your some kind of stagnation and start live in real world as others do......

PS. Replying to the topic: there is so much hate because of people - while making good fun - trying to convince others that truth is much different than it really is......

Last edited: May 18, 2014
    Big al and Autopilot like this.
  16. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

I'm not an IB employee.
    I don't have access to records of forum accounts.
    YOU mentioned that there were 'so many bans on the vB support forums', and yet I personally am not aware of any. That's not to say there might not be some. So I have asked you to provide details of who has been banned. As surely if you're aware of all these bans, you'll know who they are.

Or did you just make something up because it suited your argument?

17. pixelek

pixelek Regular Member

Mark your words please.....

I did not make anytking up, I have just seen all the accounts on vb support forum which have been banned. And your banning 'policy' is well-known (at least here)......

Fact that Im aware of these bans, does not mean I know details of banned person/s......

Yes, I mentioned it... so what ? Its YOU who seem completely out-of-the-ground here..... not me nor anyone else.......
    You think I now all the details? I repeat how am I supposed to get to know all details in question having no - other than hacking - way to obtain these details? You have not answered my question.......

You want me to be honest? I just do not understand why you are doing this. I just dont see the point (other than to try to make us feel we have done good thing moving out of vb) of doing this.

Terry and Autopilot like this.
  18. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Regular Member

There have definitely been some quite notable members banned in recent months, http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member/400580-demonstar being one of them. I've no idea why he was banned but he was carrying the torch for vBulletin at one point so I was a little surprised although I'm not suggesting there wasn't a good reason for it.

However I think the way some customers are being treated on vBulletin.com is disgusting. Using the 'Tachy Goes To Coventry' function to silence customers is a disgrace, the kind of thing I'd expect to see in a school playground. Furthermore, the majority of vBulletin staff should be utterly ashamed of the way they have kicked this customer around like an unwanted football: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...6-is-there-a-solution-for-fixing-vb-5-x-speed

Terry and Autopilot like this.
  19. Terry

Terry Regular Member

I would look at your own integrity before making statements like this one ..

Big al and pixelek like this.
  20. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

I didn't make a statement, I asked a question.

The genuine answer may well be 'no', but in the interests of fair discussion we should be told.