Where do people get arcade games?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by cheat-master30, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Do any game sites have good descriptions or tagging for search? It can be hard to find the type of game you're looking for without going through the whole site...

2. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

I can find the games, but I've never added any new games since the initial install. How do you upload the new games after downloaded the zip files?

3. Nick

Nick Regular Member

You upload the zip files to the zip directory in /forum/arcade (via FTP), and the tar files to the tar directory.

Then in AdminCP -> Arcade -> Add Games, go to where it lists the games in those directories and add them, either one by one, or all at once by click "add (or install) all".

2 people like this.
  4. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

I haven't looked at the latest few listed sites much, but is anyone a bit bothered that they don't say what games are available to download until you register? I'd thought that'd be really important to consider...

5. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Here are my 5 most popular games since adding the arcade a few months ago :)

• Asteroids 574
    • Eskiv 472
    • Candy Tetris 225
    • Snakeman Steve 291
    • Mouse Race 273

Today I've added Donkey Kong, Pac Man and Ms Pac Man as well. So, I have a feeling those will be jumping up the ranks soon enough ;)