What does your family think of your forum work?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Soliloquy, Jul 3, 2009.

1. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    Is this on the one that you have listed? Looks pretty new, already earning enough money for laptops and stuff? Awesome!

2. torque

torque Regular Member

Yes it is the one I have listed - and it may look new to you however it was up for six months and had 8000 members, and over 50 000posts and then we were hacked and have had to start fresh.

So while many like you take a look and say oh it's new so it can't be true - they forget that we had all those members and posts earlier and instead of having adsense i was selling my own ad space.

3. drumming207

drumming207 Adept

Everyone in my family is very supportive. My wife knows that working on my Forum is therapeutic for me (I'm recovering from my 3rd spine surgery that I had in May) and it's my way of helping others in similar shoes.

I've been helping Spine Patients online for close to 7 years now. A week before my operation in May, I was compelled to "make it official" and I started my own non-profit organization (the website should be up in the next couple of weeks).

I've made a lot of great connections along the way. :D

4. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

drumming207, I've been thinking of doing the exact same thing for a patient group I started! Was it difficult/expensive?

5. torque

torque Regular Member

Wow hope things are at least getting better with your spine, aren't our better halves lovely when they support us. haha.

6. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    glad to see you bounce back man!

7. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    That's awesome man; admirable even.