vBulletin Nexus

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Wayne Luke, Aug 11, 2009.

1. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I have it installed on my newest forum Scribble Board - General Banter at it's Best.

It works, but, has a few bugs. One is the default user group setting. I changed mine to a new user group for remote users to track the hacks usage. Unfortunately the users still go to the registered group even though I have updated the setting to use the new group. Other than that I haven't had any problems with it. I would like the option to turn off the providers I don't want to use. All I really want it for is open id. I could edit the xml to remove the ones I don't want, but, I would rather see an automated way to do it.

2. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Regular Member

Especially since sllik has basically dumped the mod. I'm about to pull my own support for it, because it's not doin me any good keeping his mod supported.

Not until they get the auto-template stuff removed. There are too many problems with that garbage.

Yes, it is buggy, the biggest problem being the auto template stuff.

At least with fbconnect, I can remove the template edits for the posts/thread notifications when FB takes a dump (which it does from time to time), in order to allow people to post again

At least with fbconnect, I can post the code manually where I want it to be, not where some silly developer thinks it should go. This way, I know it works too!

Right now, the plugin is about 50% done I would say. The biggest problem I have is not being able to actually see the facebook login button, though the script is there. Response from IB? None in close to 36 hours now.

3. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

Well, since last time, I've added it and I haven't had any real problems (me and other users tested every feature's login bar Netlog, which really shoudl have been replaced by Twitter or MSN to be honest).

Haven't had problems with the template thing, but I assume it's not a good thing for those with heavily customised styles.

4. twhiting9275

Well, it involves more than just the style, which is why the system needs the manual edits. Without the manual edits, you can't fix the problems yourself, you have to wait days for some tech to not respond to you.

5. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

I think you can edit plugins for that. There's one called 'Modify Navbar Template' which seems simple enough to edit.

6. twhiting9275

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion in this thread.