vBulletin license, vBSEO license and Invision Power Board license (Cheap)

Discussion in 'Marketplace and Exchanges' started by JackPH, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

He couldn't have gotten them from DCKShop, because they only sell the license, not the files. You get the files from Jelsoft. If he got them "scrambled" it came that way from Jelsoft, which I doubt very, very much.

2. Peacelily

Peacelily Adept

Same thing just happened to me.

:rolleyes:

Oh well, we tried. I guess "too good to be true" is "too good to be true".

3. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

He's still neither writing nor giving my money back. Oh well, he has another 30 hours or so, then I will be able to have Paypal give me the money back. And I'll never deal with this shop again.

4. David

David Regular Member

Good luck with Paypal and digital goods....

5. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

Well he's canceled my order and if paypal act up, I'll just send them the cancellation e-mail and a screenshot of the order canceled page.

6. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

Paypal told me now that DCKshop has until September 20th to reply to this issue and if he doesn't, I'm getting my money back.

7. torque

torque Regular Member

Ok I am not going to comment on AK's messages - but to answer a few things I ordered from him a couple days ago and received my license makes it 5 licenses I have brought off him now no issues.

Was just wondering whether everyone was reading the terms and conditions on his site which state it can take up to 10 working days?

The way it works is he has people wanting to sell a license, and so when you purchase one he then contacts the seller - when the seller gets back to him he confirms your order and asks you for all the details inwhich he then forwards on to the seller to open the support ticket.

So while you may think "Well he replied to me ten minutes ago he should be able to open a support ticket" <-- no he shouldn't as he doesn't open the support ticket the seller does - and so the seller could have said to him "Get me the details and I will do it tomorrow".

If you have launched a chargeback with paypal within the 10 BUSINESS/WORKING days he is well within his right to cancel your order - he also only works office hours as stated on his website.

8. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

I did not launch a charge-back. I filed a complaint with Paypal. There's a difference. If he doesn't answer his e-mail, what am I to think of that? Even after I filed the complaint - he could have EASILY resolved it by saying: Sorry, give me another week or two.
    He is selling these licenses like they are his own.
    Obviously they are not and he is just a middle-man. I have pretty much given up on used licenses. It's just too much trouble when it goes wrong.

9. torque

torque Regular Member

Not starting a tick for tac arguement I as just saying in general to everyone else who were complaining that if you file a complaint OR chargeback with paypal within the ten business days as stated on his website then he is within his right to cancel your order.

Some licenses are too much trouble I purchased one elsewhere where I paid through paypal, the funds disappeared - the guy i brought from then ruined my reputation going around every website I was at talking about how I had scammed him etc despite the money going from my account never to return and me having the receipt from paypal saying I paid him.

Just too much hassle I brought a brand new license for my main website as every month he was popping up posting abusive messages on my site and it just wasn't worth it!

Best of luck though in the future and these complaints about the dckshop have really taken me by surprise as I said I have ordered five through him now and received them all no issues normally within three or four days.

10. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Regular Member

Then he has an obligation to immediately refund the client. You don't get to just cancel an order and keep the funds.

I, honestly, can't say as I'm surprised that this guy turned out to be problematic, as he really, really didn't appear to be doing anything anyways. He complained about working when he was paid to do so (see my last post), he didn't want to do the job he was paid to do, and now he's just gone AWOL. Surprised? Not in the least.

11. torque

torque Regular Member

he has the obligation to refund the client at his earliest available opportunity yes - but not refund immediately the second you cancel your order!

But I agree he should have refunded it by now and it's bad practice by him not to have done so.

12. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

He has sent out this e-mail a minute ago:

I guess that means the cancellation of my order must have been automatic or something.
    I've e-mailed him back, let's see.

13. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

Just heard back from him and he confirmed the cancellation was automatic and he's going to process my license purchase as originally intended.
    Looking good! Let's hope it all goes through the way it should.

14. Peacelily

Peacelily Adept

Awww. I would still do business with him if he has product to offer and hope he is recuperating well.

15. Chris

Chris Regular Member

That's a shame! Hopefully, he's recovering quickly. ;)

16. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

I just received my transfer notification from vBulletin! Sweet!!!

17. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

Transfer complete. I am satisfied with the explanation given for the delay and take back my criticism. He's obviously running a one-man operation and in such circumstances these things can happen.

I hereby revoke my "I'm never going there again" judgement. :D
    Downloading my new vBulletin right now. :D

18. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Congrats for you, and I hope he's recovering nicely.

19. jlevi

jlevi Addict

First Name:
    Joel
    After he apologised and said he was ill, I ordered one. Quick response - he said he didn't have any 3 month licences in stock, but had a 5 month licence. So, I went ahead with the order and he refunded me $10.

I now have a 5 month old vBulletin licence :D

20. David

David Regular Member

Great glad to hear this has all worked out!