vBulletin 5 Connect Beta Released

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Joeychgo, Sep 11, 2012.

1. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Ha! I'll look forward to reading his "excuse" given.

2. David

David Regular Member

I consider his "drunk posting" excuse and lack of replies to all my other questions as a peg knocking down. However, I'll see what info I can find on this other subject you have mentioned :D

3. David

David Regular Member

Back on topic here...

vBulletin has just realised that anyone could see the vBulletin 5 forums. Either they've disabled guest access, or they've gotten wise and simply scrapped the project all together.

As a guest I can no longer view the threads there.

4. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Still loading for me to view as a guest, but taking a long time to load.

5. BullsNet

BullsNet Regular Member

First Name:
    Gabe
    I am not logged in and i can see it fine.

6. David

David Regular Member

Yeah seems to be fixed now, I think i was trying in the midst of a crash.

7. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I was looking forward to seeing if IB would right the ship with vb5. If this is what you get with vb5 then I figure IPB will have an explosion of new converts yet again.

8. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Think IB must be scratching their heads right about now, most certainly NOT the kind of response they would have hoped for I've read today posted from most people. Pretty much nothing positive being said about it, which isn't good. And on XenForo people are ripping it to bits.

Here are three comments that was posted about it on XenForo:

9. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    xenforo people have no room to rip anything to bits. They are loyal to a dead project. At least there is a new version of vbulletin being worked on that will be released. Whether it's any good remains to be seen, but, given past history with vbulletin 4 and now this first showing of vbulletin 5 I doubt it will be very good for a while to come.

I can see that IB only learned one thing from the vb 4 fiasco. Don't try another pre-sale without something people can see and use. Problem is this version is worse than what we finally got with vbulletin 4.

2 people like this.
  10. BullsNet

BullsNet Regular Member

First Name:
    Gabe
    +1.
    I guess after many months of turning on one another and the obsession with Kier/Xenforo...they need something to take their mind off the obvious decline of Xenforo and at least the discussion on the XF forum are not related to XF themselves :P

11. David

David Regular Member

I think it's funny they'll let all the vBulletin bashing happen there, but god forbid you ask questions about the status of Xenforo.

12. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

funny and or pathetic that they cant see their own hipocracy.

13. GTB

GTB Regular Member

See Mark.B has got involved in that thread posted on XenForo about vBulletin. He's right what he says, and why do the mods keep saying KAM are suffering from ill effect of the court case "as an excuse for no development taking place"? Anyone would think they have to appear in court daily or something, they don't have time for nothing else because of the court thing - funny.

Also find it amusing that some tried pointing Mark.B to the title of the thread, don't like him bringing up XenForo in it. Now that's funny, seeing as every-time somebody starts a thread asking valid questions about XenForo development being dead as a DoDo, there's always a few more than eager to turn things on it's head talking about vBulletin instead. Read somebody in that thread saying they've discovered a "Security Flaw" in vBulletin 5, but refusing to let vBulletin know what it is.

Still confused why the mods at XenForo are letting that vBulletin bashing thread run for so long (as usual), thought they said discussion about other forum products was banned from there, especially about vBulletin? Very easy way to get it locked though, start posting questions about lack off XenForo development in it. Do what they all usually do, turn that thread on it's head about XenForo instead.

14. David

David Regular Member

Because it distracts from the real problems there and lets users vent about a product 99% of them at Xenforo don't even use. It's just smoke and mirrors now, they'll let it go on as long as they can. I'm personally going to hijack every single vB 5 thread there just based out of principal, and turn it to a Xenforo development thread.

15. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Well, that much has been obvious for a long time. Even when they do close some threads about vBulletin, which is rare. The mods still let them run on first for a few pages - so it makes it's point for reading before closing it. Up to them what they allow, I'm not even saying they shouldn't allow discussion about vBulletin (full stop). That would be silly and it's going to happen, it's the nature of how it keeps happening that gets me. I'm not even trying to defend vBulletin (think vB5), couldn't care less about either forum product anymore.

I read one person say, they are doing it for XenForo's gain. How is that so, when they could be offering a discount right now doing a quick cash grab, but they ain't. Most people there a delusional in what they think. And with that, I'm off to Chinese! :bowl:

16. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I see David now has "XenForo Sucks" and "vBulletin Sucks" which he has amusingly named "The Suck Network".

I wonder if someone should start "thesucknetworksucks.com" :)

17. GTB

GTB Regular Member

All we now is IPBSucks. Go for the trio! :giggle:

18. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I might start "Vanilla Sucks", under franchise from the Suck network. Gary why DID you install that thing?

Oh and why the ridiculous new username?

19. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Here we go again... Marks spotted I'm running another site. :rolleyes:

20. David

David Regular Member

lolol, I was going to make that one later but you just stole my thunder for it! lolol