vBulletin 5.0.2 is Now Available for Download

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Brandon, May 18, 2013.

?

Is vbulletin 5 ready for prime time yet?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. no

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    You are mistaken, Scott. Look at the date/times... The Mon 27th May '13 1:136PM dated comment is a second comment that remains deleted for the "Spam" reason. It seems several comments inadvertently got deleted with the "Spma" reason. Some were undeleted, some were not.

What you are looking at in both cases is an undeleted (normal) comment followed by a different, deleted, comment.

2. KW802

KW802 Regular Member

Doesn't matter if it is really super fast or not if it is presented to the viewer really super slow.

"Hey, it only took 1 second to retrieve the page but 30 seconds to render it! Cool!"

3. Big al

Big al Regular Member

So as it was a mods mistake, I take it that the "mistakenly deleted" comments will be restored and an apology made by said mod for his mistake.

4. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    I never said it was a mod's mistake and I would suspect the comments that have reason to be undeleted already were.

5. Big al

Big al Regular Member

So who apart from the Op, mods and admins would have the capability to delete them?

6. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Joe, there is only one comment in question. It started with the comment from Damlucy,

which was deleted. I know it was deleted and is the only comment in question, because I read the post comment the day before, when it was written. And because vB5 let's you constantly reread posts like Bill Murray in Ground Hogs Day, I inadvertently was surprised to see that same comment was deleted. It was then, when I noticed the bug, which lets everyone still see the deleted comment. See below.

27.05.png

If you had clicked the hide button you see above, then the post comment below it would disappear.

That comment was written on the 26th and was soft deleted on the 27th and I found the bug on the 27th, which is why you see "yesterday" as the created date for the comment in the image above. These are also the same dates and times! you see as the deleted date and comment created date in the search and the user profile results (they probably come from some crappy caching system for search results). When you click on the "Go to post" link in the profile, it goes to that same undeleted post comment from Damlucy. I'd also say the link in the search also goes to the Paul's post, but the "reply" link in the results is just another bug in vB5. If you click on it, it doesn't take you to that reply, it takes you to the start of the thread.

Maybe you've also taken that blue pill Joe? LOL!:D

Scott

Big al likes this.
  7. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    No...

The "Why reply to a post from a month ago?" comment was made May 26th at 5:31pm (my time.)

The deleted comment/notice in the pic below was from May 27, 1:36pm your time. It is a deletion notice of a separate comment that remains deleted.

da09eae0b9323a2a297124af3909df62.jpg

So, yes there is a bug in that a regular user shouldn't be seeing deleted thread notices. And yes some posts/comments got deleted with the "spam" message, a number of which including this one were later undeleted.

BUT... vBulletin 5 is not showing posts as deleted that aren't or vice-versa. There is no bug there is what I am explaining. You are seeing a regular (undeleted) comment followed by a second deleted comment both in the search and profile.

8. s.molinari

Ok, then why, before the comment was reinstated (undeleted), I could click "Show" (which is now the "Hide" link in my screen shot), and the original comment from Damlucy, the one we are talking about the whole time, would show up under the deletion notice? And why, when I clicked "Hide", did that same comment disappear? Even if you are right, it still means the deletion of comments is screwed up.

I believe the deletion took place on the 27th of May at 1:36 p.m. at that is what we are seeing. It's not a notice of another deleted post. It is a record of deletion done on that date. The record of deletion hadn't been removed completely or properly, when the soft deleted comment was reinstated and that is what we are seeing in the search and user profile results.

Go talk to the devs about it. I bet you a good cold beer I am right.;)

Scott

9. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    Hmm... you are correct that time on the 27th was when the comment was deleted, but it is still a second separate and still deleted comment you are seeing notice of.

As proof I have unhidden it (for me)

4c095b89636a7fa473e01a67ad839df1.jpg

Different comment.

10. s.molinari

Ok, I stand corrected. So a number of Damlucy's posts got deleted all at the same moment?

Still, my original bug about being able to see deleted post comments is correct. If you go to the last page of the "How many are going to abandon vBulletin because of vB5?" thread, where that post comment is as a regular licensed customer user, you'll see what I mean.

Oh, and I owe you a beer!;)

Scott

BirdOPrey5 likes this.