vBulletin 4 or vBulletin 5?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by cpvr, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Vb and IB remind me of the keystone cops! How anyone can ruin a good organization like they have is just plain silly.

They seem to have missed the point entirely. Four words " Listen to your customers"

2. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

So you have been present at the management meetings then at which this has been discussed ? Funny, I dont remember you being there, so you are just making up stuff to suit your daily rants, and you wonder why they got fed up of you.

A vB 4.2.2 release will be coming along, with php 5.4 changes, you keep acting is if thats not the case, which just makes your rants pointless.

djbaxter, Brandon and GTB like this.
  3. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Me acting as if it's the case that vB4.2.2 isn't coming? How can I act otherwise? Where has it been said on vB.com that 4.2.2 is definitely coming? Oh, wait. I know. Your infamous, "not in a month and most likely within a year" answer to a customer in a thread, right?

Why isn't 4.2.2 out by now? It's been over 3 months since 4.2.1 was released. If I look at IB's own process indicator, which customers were told to watch to see progress, it looks like vB4 is dead in its tracks.

It is great you can say 4.2.2 will be "coming along" here in this forum Paul, but why can't anyone say it clearly and officially on vB.com, where it should be said?

And you are wrong. I was at a good number of support meetings, where the support staff brought up a number of important issues needing attention, the PHP 5.4 issue being one of them LAST YEAR, and a lot of those issues got shot down for a number of ridiculous reasons. The most famous one being, "I need more numbers". So, I do know how IB ticks internally. And I don't really need to be at any meetings or have to prove myself at all. The proof is in the lousy condition vBulletin is in right now. Or do you see vBulletin differently Paul?

My rants pointless? The last one got you to answer with an important piece of information. But, is it really true? Is 4.2.2 coming along? Because, I don't believe you.

If it is true, when WILL vB4.2.2 be released Paul? Am I also going to get another "Soon" or, "We don't give out release dates", BS?. You know, it is a point of joking now.

How about getting the OK, or better yet, get Marjo himself, to give out a more useful answer? Something like, "the plan is to have it out by the middle of August". Or, "it should be out within a month" and announce it on vB.com. I bet you can't and IB/ Marjo won't for more ridiculous reasons.

Are you actually working on vB4 Paul? Is anyone working on vB4? That was what the question, "So Paul...what happened?" was really asking.

All IB has to do is start giving customers what they want. Give them information about plans for progress. Show them progress is being made. Give them information about planned improvements. Let them know, everyone at IB knows the situation at hand is poor, mistakes were made and something must be done and what is going to be done. Give the customers a quality product AND service, then I and all the other "vocal minority" can stop ranting.

My "ranting" will stop soon enough anyway.

Scott

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    GTB, BamaStangGuy and Big al like this.
  4. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Now Scott, stop confusing them with facts! :D

GTB and s.molinari like this.
  5. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

Something to look forward to then.

6. ProSportsForums

ProSportsForums Regular Member

How about if IB declares vB4 End Of Life? Would that make everyone feel better?
    It seems more like people want to be right than people want the truth.
    Or perhaps some people just want vBulletin to fail because they have moved on.
    Either way, I'm with Paul on this one. This protesting from former customers is tiresome.

djbaxter likes this.
  7. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Pity that I and others are CURRENT customers then.

8. djbaxter

djbaxter Regular Member

I'm also a current customer but non-stop ragging of people like Paul isn't going to help us get updates any more quickly.

I'm not defending IB. I do agree that their policies regarding customers sucks. But employees of IB can't do anything more than throw in another nag when they get an opportunity.

Voting for bug fixes in Jira or whatever it's called now might help, although I hate trying to navigate that almost as much as I hate going to vB.com and having to deal with vB5.

9. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I understand, but Paul has come on here and is in some ways a spokesperson for VB. The update issue is important, but is only the tip of the problems with VB.

Many times as customers, we have tried to be reasonable indeed some have been more than reasonable. All to no avail. The issue now is one of loss of respect and trust.

When customers are banned for speaking out.
    When customers have their posts deleted,
    When customers are ignored when they lodge legitimate concerns.
    When supporters of hackers and scammers are allowed to remain in positions of influence,on VB.
    When VB guys openly lie and post propaganda crap.

Then it is normal for members and customers to react. Until these issues are addressed and fixed, then it is only to be expected that customers will voice their concerns and continue to ask for answers and that things be set right.

10. djbaxter

djbaxter Regular Member

Yes. I don't disagree with a lot of what you just posted.

Shoot the messenger won't work though and it may just result in vB employees being less and less willing to tell us anything at all.

ProSportsForums likes this.
  11. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

Ah, it all falls into place -I have worked out who you are now.
    Still harping on about your personal grudge against one of the staff.

This is going to happen.
    Ive tried several times now to post facts and information here, and people (mostly the same people btw) still just rant & rave, or hijack threads with their anti IB rants. I moved across from TAZ because that just turned into a waste of time posting, as every thread got hijacked by the ranters - I hoped it might be better here, alas it seems not.

I would have provided more information on 4.2.2 (as and when I could) since I know the Project Manager for that quite well, but alas, Im thinking it will again be a waste of time, just not worth the effort & hassle.

I dont have that much spare time in a week, and I dont intend to spend it in an environment that is constantly hostile.

12. Big al

Big al Regular Member

DUH!

It would not take an Einstein to see who I am, as I use the same username on VB.org. I am not hiding.

Yes I am still exposing a moderator on vb.org who is posting a stolen photo of me on his website to defame me and supporting known self confessed hackers and spammers.
    And allowing said scammer to impersonate me to defame me on his website. Good for the reputation of you all isn't he?
    And I am still assisting the victims whose lives are devastated by these scammers who Joe is supporting. While you back him up without knowing the true facts.

That's Right, the same guy who posted part of a confidential message from me on his website that he obtained by being a staff member of vb support, so breaking confidentiality.

How about asking him why he posted a false accusation about a member stealing copper wire? How about asking him why he allows the real life details of a totally innocent man to be posted on his website so he can be harassed.?

Ask yourself if the is really the type of guy you want representing VB in times of trouble.

Obviously you think so, so you have to wear the consequences of your actions.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  13. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Yes it kinds of burns your butter not having the ban button to stifle dissent.

14. djbaxter

djbaxter Regular Member

15. ProSportsForums

ProSportsForums Regular Member

16. Big al

Big al Regular Member

@paul. I appreciate the fact that you are here answering questions and I also appreciate and thank you for helping customers with their problems.
    However I object to your better than thou attitude. yes you have tech knowledge, but this does not justify you treating customers like inferiors.
    Banning and deleting posts as well as posting derogatory comments about members, especially when they do not have a right of reply after being banned is the act of a coward.

Unfortunately for you people can post elsewhere, so your the banning is counterproductive as we have all seen.

Yes I will continue to expose Joe , until he too does the right thing. I consider by his actions that he is not a fit or proper person to represent VB and is bringing you all down with him. but you dismiss my concerns out of hand without checking the facts, but of course he is a fellow colleague so can do no wrong, despite clear evidence showing otherwise.

Remember when I asked the staff twice for an equal say in the "investigation" ? and I received no reply!
    Your attitude to doing the right thing was clearly shown that day.

17. s.molinari

@Paul M , it is nice how you turn the direction of attention away from the real problems. You didn't answer one of my questions. I did give constructive feedback at the end of my last post, as to what I think IB needs to do to stop ALL of the complaining.

My last question to you Paul is, do you think it is ever going to happen?

Scott

Big al likes this.
  18. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

I dont remember the name of every troll I have to deal with.

19. Jura

Jura Regular Member

I like...

...know of no vB5 forums to see.

20. s.molinari

Just for the record, since I am one of the biggest protesters you must be tired of. I am not a former customer and I still have www.vBulletin-Germany.com and a good number of unhappy vB4 customers to deal with. All of them very upset with vBulletin's direction. All of them are upset with IB's alienation of them over the past 2 years. Most of them dislike vB5. All of them don't see vB5 as an alternative to buy into. All of them want vB4 working properly with PHP5.4. I am sure most, if not all, vB.com vB4 customers want the same fixes too and it is completely inexcusable and short of completely irresponsible to not give all these customers what they want and expect.

But for sure and to answer your question, I'd absolutely love IB to call vB4 EOL prematurely, because then I can finally close up shop on vB-Germany.com and separate my company and myself from this ugly misery, which I seriously don't want to be a part of.

Scott

Alfa1 and Big al like this.