vBSEO.com Transition - An Open Letter to Juan Muriente, vBSEO CEO

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by ILIA-VBSEO, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

No case to take it legal and no money to buy it with is my guess.

2. Miyuki

Miyuki Regular Member

There is a case, all this disagreement is a case but it is hard since there is no contract signed but there is history, witnesses and evidence just not on a contract base ; Juan owns it all.

But if @ILIA-VBSEO wants to resolve this while Juan doesn't, the proper channel is the Court. There are many lawyers who will take cases based on Contingent fees but vbseo use to make a lot of money, i am sure @ILIA-VBSEO and @Joe Ward can secure few thousands to initiate a civil lawsuit in the US, then they can ask for settlement and mediation before a judge and see how Juan wants to settle this. He can't say he won't settle it. A judge will need to listen to his reasons if he has any.

3. djbaxter

djbaxter Regular Member

More like ILIA-EX-VBSEO.

4. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

If any of that was accurate, it would seem logical that this would have happened 4 years ago. If your wronged in the business world, have the evidence to support it, you file a claim in court as soon as is reasonable. If you don't have evidence, if you don't have the ability to hire lawyers, then you whine about it on internet forums 4 years later.

As you said, there is no signed contract. (to my knowledge) -- without it, how can you ever prove ownership? Crawability is a corporation and as such issues stock certificates. That's your contract. No certificates, no ownership.

But lets assume for a moment that Ilia could somehow prove to a judge that she is a 50% owner. So what? That isn't a majority position. Juan is the CEO and it takes a majority of shareholders to make a change in CEO. 50% is not a majority.

djbaxter likes this.
  5. Vicos

Vicos Regular Member

If it is a Corporation or LLC, then ownership is determined by who owns stock. If there is a deadlock in regards to company ownership or operation, then any stockholder can get a lawyer and go ask a judge to force dissolution of the company -- meaning put it up for sale and/or sell the assets. Also, if the judge gets wind that own of the owners is trying to sabotage the company during this legal proceeding, said owner could find himself in jail. I've been through all of this myself.

VBSEO license owners could also file a class action lawsuit -- however I see this as unlikely since I doubt that many of the licensees are substantial, profitable companies.

In any regard, the community needs to keep track of this guy. Should he ever start another software venture, word should be quickly spread throughout the community about his past actions. This is also a good reason to NEVER EVER use third party software. Stick with the primary vendor/developer, use Open Source and/or write it yourself. These 3rd parties get into it, make a few bucks for a few years, then turn off the lights and flip their customers the bird. This same thing just happened over at completevb.com. The forums are full of spam, unsuspecting customers are still placing orders and the owner hasn't been seen in over a year.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Joe Ward likes this.
  6. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Regular Member

First Name:
    Jeroen
    Either way, why try the company is well almost not existent anymore. Legal you need money and resources and you need to have some case against the other party. If you want to buy the company again with no cash in hands its not going to happen. Worse the script is out dated it need major rewrite from ground up again with no cash its not likely going to happen. The only thing that can bring in some cash is the client list but after so much time its out dated and the forum well do people visit it so much that you can influence them to reinvest into the script again.

7. Caddyman

Caddyman engiwebmastechanic

yup

happened to me about a month ago, i have been out of the game for a while and wanted to start a new forum. i bought a template from them and never got a download link. then i realized they were awol.

i filed a dispute with paypal, won, and got a refund.

djbaxter likes this.
  8. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

Im not debating that - but then why come run to various admin forums and start a mess? (ie this thread)

djbaxter likes this.
  9. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Regular Member

First Name:
    Jeroen
    Public opinion maybe she is going to start another company, now she can say i have tried but nothing happened.

10. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

You must subscribe to the Mushroom Farmer philosophy. Keep them in the dark and feed them lots of shit. It's sad when people caught in controversy try to claim it's unfair others are talking about them and just causing trouble. Seems to me the trouble started when victims where taken advantage of by shoddy business practices. And why shouldn't they complain?

Big al likes this.
  11. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

ah, the troll is back

djbaxter likes this.
  12. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Yes I see you are :whistle:

It's a shame that with your supposed intellect that's all you can produce to be productive. Try answering questions with some dignity eh?

Why shouldn't the victims complain????

Big al likes this.
  13. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

Indeed. I got bored of him and his twin, so in the end I added them both to ignore. The troll twins.

djbaxter likes this.
  14. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Translation = "I cannot answer genuine comments as I know I am in the wrong, so I play the martyr angle and pretend that they do not matter."

15. djbaxter

djbaxter Regular Member

"I know you are but what am I?" ~ Pee Wee Herman

Good job, Autopilot. :rolleyes:

16. djbaxter

djbaxter Regular Member

And Pee Wee Herman's brother, Total Pee Wee.

Seriously, is this all you people have? How pathetic.

17. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Never heard of him. However you seem to be well acquainted with his ilk. A pal of yours?

Autopilot likes this.
  18. djbaxter

djbaxter Regular Member

Really? That's all you have? How sad.

Joeychgo likes this.
  19. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

Good idea... Not worth the waste of time.

djbaxter likes this.
  20. VICE

VICE Regular Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Big al likes this.