vb5 is JUNK

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by sukagwe, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

This decision to segregate customers was made only because of the situation vB5 is in.

If vB5 wasn't such a load of dog poo and customers were excited about it and really happy with it and making happy posts about it and they are all happily helping each other with issues and any false or negative statements made about vB5 are getting pounced on or corrected by customers themselves, then there wouldn't be a need to separate the customers according to licenses they own. Right?

I think I am loving that aphorism from Forest Gump more and more....

Stupid is as stupid does.

Scott

Big al and Brandon like this.
  2. Big al

Big al Regular Member

The attorney general for California the home of IB is Kamala D. Harris and I believe that IB comes under her jurisdiction.

http://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

If I was in the position of wanting a refund as VB has misrepresented the product and they were refusing to give it to me, I would think that the attorney general may be able to assist.

3. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    The screenshot issue is probably a bug... I can't see screenshots in 5.0.2 either unless uploaded via share photos. (I opened a bug the day 5.0.2 got put on the site.)

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Negative, it says I have no permission.

5. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    Thanks for letting me know. If you try now you should be able to see attachments (and therefore screenshots.)

6. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Right on, I'll check it out when I get back to a pc.

7. Lairston

Lairston Regular Member

I being on a computer just went and tried. And I can see attachments in the vbulletin 5 section now

BirdOPrey5 likes this.
  8. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Now come on guys. IB have carefully listened to the valid comments about the problems with VB5 and as a service to all new customers who purchase VB5 from now on, they are including a brand new type of keyboard absolutely free.
    It has been carefully designed with VB5 in mind and should fix any problems that may be encountered.

aimg843.imageshack.us_img843_9651_0047ub.jpg

9. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Source: http://www.answers.com/topic/internet-brands

Not much seems to have changed.

10. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Interesting Article. Especially the part about Wikitravel.

Anyone who is following vBulletin and Internet Brands even a little bit must see the vB, Xenforo and Wikitravel developments (and several other site developments) show exactly how the IB management's perspective on their business is actually very damaging to their business. Instead of concentrating and improving on the quality of the products and service they offer (which they bought out) and trying to make their fair share from that quality, they try to bleed the quality for more than what it's worth. It also causes them a whole lot of pain, when they do try to do something right, like all of the energy being put into vBulletin. This energy is being wasted, because, in the end, their perspective on what their business is all about and how to go about it, is very, very wrong and counterproductive.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, and it is a helping word to IB actually, if IB's management doesn't do an about face on their business perspectives, they will fail sooner or later. Everything I can see in the public points exactly in that direction.

You can't "buy" quality. You must live it!

Scott

Lairston likes this.
  11. Alfa1

Alfa1 Regular Member

I really doubt that IB is interested in quality.

Big al likes this.
  12. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I tend to agree I think it revolves around money.

13. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Did you ever think maybe IB is trying to tank vBulletin so their competitors fail? Look at it a majority of their own boards are still on 3.x! You have to really work hard to screw up two major software releases.

Me smells conspiracy. :evillaugh:

Brandon likes this.
  14. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Shock. Horror. you mean to say that IB is actually doing the wrong thing?
    I am flabbergasted. Never has my flabber been so gasted! :ROFL:

Dan Hutter likes this.
  15. Big al

Big al Regular Member

A training Gif for VB5.

aimg526.imageshack.us_img526_694_computerfreezezps80ccd9.gif

Miner likes this.
  16. Big al

Big al Regular Member

After working diligently for over six months, The first batch of carefully packed instruction sheets for "fixs" to the new VB5, leave the factory headed for head office, the other ten shipments are expected to follow soon.

aimg834.imageshack.us_img834_8941_totemsbyalaindelorme9.jpg

s.molinari likes this.
  17. Big al

Big al Regular Member

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/14/ca-rhema-law-wins-idUSnPNNY13843 1e0 PRN20130514

Rhema Law Group Wins Jury Verdict Against Internet Brands, Inc.

* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.

Tue May 14, 2013 2:09pm EDT

PR Newswire
    IRVINE, Calif., May 14, 2013
    IRVINE, Calif., May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On behalf of its client Greenlight Financial Services, Inc. ("Greenlight"), Rhema Law Group prevailed in a jury trial against defendant Internet Brands, Inc. ("Internet Brands") on claims for breach of contract and breach of covenant of good faith and fair dealing. Greenlight asserted that Internet Brands breached a settlement agreement entered into by both parties, resolving prior litigation involving claims of trademark infringement of the "Greenlight" mark.
    The jury returned a verdict awarding Greenlight $750,000.00 in lost profit damages. Pursuant to the settlement agreement, an award of attorney's fees and costs is anticipated, making the total judgment approximately $1 million dollars. At trial, the jury agreed with the firm's arguments, finding Internet Brands liable for modifying the www.greenlight.com website without permission, resulting in a diversion of potential mortgage leads to Internet Brands' own websites, Loan.com and Loanapp.com.
    John D. Tran, lead counsel on the matter, was pleased with the outcome. "The jury decided to hold Internet Brands accountable for their actions. The verdict confirms that even if you are a large company like Internet Brands, you still have to honor your word and perform as you promised."
    Rhema Law Group, P.C. is a boutique intellectual property and business law firm specializing in patent, trademark, copyright and business related disputes. For more information: www.rhemalaw.com
    SOURCE Rhema Law Group, P.C.

More information here: http://rhemalaw.com/2013/05/29/trial-victory-reported-in-daily-journal/

18. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Anyone have the email contacts for Hellman and Friedman.
    Maybe it is time they were informed about why people are leaving VB in droves and how a staff member is helping to destroy their reputation.

19. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    For those who search for the actual case, 9 out of 10 claims against IB were dismissed. Of course it's a scenario where if you lose one, that's all you read about. It is an interesting case I had never heard of before- it has roots from before IB bought vBulletin.

Brandon likes this.
  20. Big al

Big al Regular Member

While doing research I notice a lot of people wanting to sell their VB licenses now.
    Has anyone any idea how much a second hand one is worth now?

As the potential for VB to fail seems to be growing daily, what do you think the prospects for receiving a reasonable price for a second hand VB license are.

JuniorNation likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.