VB4 Gold is out.

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Paul M, Dec 21, 2009.

1. 2dub

2dub Regular Member

I was excited for vb4, but then all the drama. I've got things going pretty well right now and have decided to stick with 3.8 for a while.

If/when the get my most popular mods updated then I'll look at it, but definitely not any sooner.

I came really close to jumping to IPB, but once again I've got things going pretty well so don't want to have to reinvent the wheel.

That being said when 3.8 approaches EOL I'll probably jump to IPB unless the 4.X series shows some drastic improvement.

2. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    We can use the 'F' word here?

3. kev

kev Regular Member

I doubt it was intentional.

You have a company that has been making horse drawn buggies, while ignoring the 21st century technology that has been developing around them.

New management comes in and decides they want to get with the times. Your not going to go from horse and buggy, to hybrid technology overnight - or even in a few weeks, or even in a few months.

The entire mindset has to change that they are no longer making buggies. To stay competitive in todays market, the people at vbulletin are going to have to retrain, retool, and get a grip on the current trends.

As change starts to kick in, some of the employees are going to say - "this is the way we have always done it." They will not be able to see that their mindset is holding vbulletin back.

Take a look at not being able to put the CMS where you want - WTF were they thinking? Is the management that blind they can not see what is going on?

This entire vbulletin 4 and CMS thing makes me wonder "what" management has been doing for the past 2 - 3 years? Were they even in the office, were they even getting on the internet? Could they not see what myspace and facebook are doing to shape the internet?

I'am tired of typing,,,,,

4. GTB

GTB Regular Member

When IB first took over vBulletin, I started to look for information on them. And what I found was story's about them buying out sites and making half-ased changes to them. That seemed to be the pattern all the time, lots of promises they would do this and that too improve things, that always seemed to be done half-ased which attracted complaints later.

They are very good at promising things, but bad at actually doing them correctly with quality.

All I've seen so far with vBulletin 4, is the very same pattern emerging again. Everything just seemed to be done very poorly (half-ased).

5. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Wait for the next mini pr stunt posted and they'll have the poor gullible bastards swooning. And shouting thankyou from the rafters. Yet when you question these you get a nice pm filled with profanity. They love to talk the talk but when you shift through their bullshit (and believe me) they poop more shit than a field of cows drink laxatives on their day off from milking duties and you ask the hard hitting questions they fall to pieces and drop like flies on shit.

F*** em and a few of them question my character? Yes I use the F word. Ignore me if this offends you.

They love the sound of their own voices that's their trouble. Remember they are merely vbulletin workers not rocket scientists. Anyway, that's me out the story is getting old and people got what they asked for (those who thought it would be great having gold for xmas) yeah, some xmas huh?

Are we locking yet? vbulletin solutions aren't worth the time nor day.

6. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Shelley you sound even angrier than I did up until a couple of months back...

7. kev

kev Regular Member

~~~ edited - removed - nevermind ~~~

8. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

No. I'm sure Nick just didn't see it.

9. Demo

Demo Regular Member

First Name:
    Demo
    Just discovered I can download vB4.0 with my active 3.X license, lol

Got no reason to upgrade to 4.0, though

10. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    But you need the serial number. ;) Plus, vB or any paid solution have multiple callbacks coded into the software. :)

11. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

It's perfectly legal to download vB4 with an active 3.x license....

12. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

That's just the thing, I was never angry, that's where people 99% of the time people show a misinterpretation of my posts. They envison angry woman, when it's just a simple tap tap tap, tappity tapity tap of the keys from a person that just doesn't care enough about the script or the lies that these clowns throw at you. That mark, is the main difference between you and I, you still show passion, I couldn't care less. Passion!! I propose you bring 4.0 to the cabin of love mark.:D

Anyway, Yeah I shouldn't have used the F word. People might interperate that as "oh, my I'm going to faint better run and tell nick" lol And talk in 3rd person. lol

edit: I hear after installing 4.0 you tend to look like this guy afterwards. View attachment awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_8c801716197474ee08d55a23e16fa71d.png

And Atleast he got his log cabin View attachment awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_3e5093132117d1919680c314f4c958f1.png

13. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

LOL @ Shelley!

ummmm FYI - Patch level 1 has already been released...

14. Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook Regular Member

I want to be the first to point out that the new patch doesn't mean anything in regards to new code quality or in regards to the new development team.

They had to release patches for 3.7 and 3.8 as well.

I know someone will say something about it, so let's just lay it to rest right now.

15. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

16. Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook Regular Member

According to them, they only found out about it yesterday.

Whether it effects 3.6 and 3.5, no one knows.

17. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Yes, it is. But to install it, you need to enter your ID, which IIRC is different than your 3.x license states. The software, like Invision, has multiple callbacks coded into the software. People who run nulled scripts of any software have had all callbacks removed.

18. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

No, I think they are the same now, that was a bug in the early implementation of the new licenses.

I'd need to double check but as far as I know it's all the same now. You're just downloading different versions of the same product on the same license (obviously you can only install one though, I always clarify that in these sort of posts for people who may be reading and get the wrong idea)

19. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Either way, the callbacks would notify them.

20. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding this, but what serial number do you need to download/install vB 4?
    Just your customer #, which has not changed.