vB Bashing at a new low!

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by torque, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Your argument amounts to "it's not abuse, because it's true". I've heard that thousands of times on my own site, and I don't accept it there either.

Who appointed YOU as arbiter of all that is true?

2. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I haven't called anyone a troll, nor have I suggested it's ok to do so.

3. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I am in agreement with Mark, 100%. Banger, I nicely asked you to edit your post yesterday, and informed you that I would have to resort to removing it from view if you didn't. So I just did.

The only way to reduce the tension around here and avoid the hate, and to remain productive, is if everybody simply becomes more sensitive to what they say, and thinks twice before submitting their posts. It's really easy to do, and the effects are endlessly beneficial for all.

4. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Regular Member

Yes, let's all just say nothing that could possibly offend anyone else, beith the truth or not
    :rolleyes:

5. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

As I said above, abuse cannot be justified on the grounds that "it's true". There is no way of quantifying whether someone is a "dirt bag" since it is someone's personal opinion.

There are people - most of them much older than myself - who seem to be trying to turn this site into a teenage slag-fest. I thought it was us younger ones who were meant to lack the maturity to be civilised and sensible.

6. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Well, since most offensive comments are a matter of opinion (i.e. dirt bag, scum bag, scammer, a** hole, etc.) and not a matter of truth, then I don't see what the problem is.

Trust me - you really don't want discussions to be limited to facts because then 90% of the written content here wouldn't be in existence. I think we all know that.

7. ruiner

ruiner Novice

First Name:
    Steve
    I think arguing isn't getting us anywhere.. We've all stated what we're unhappy about, and arguing about being right or wrong won't make anything better. What we need to do is complain to IB directly and take action to show them our discontent. As I am sure more than enough people in 3rd party public forums are aware of IB's current practices.. We just need to make sure IB is fully aware.

I am quite happy that when searching google news for "vbulletin" you find the great articles that were posted on The Register, and wonderful case study on how to lose your customers.

This is the kind of stuff that works and hopefully more will pop up in the future. I'm still shocked at how IB is getting away with stealing so much money from their existing customers...

With all that has gone in the past few weeks and getting no results from IB, I think it's clear nothing will change. I still have my BBB case open, and waiting for an answer.. After that, I will probably never set foot again on the vbulletin.com web site. I have already purchased IPB and moved on.. But, it's just the principle, you know? Feeling ripped off is not fun. Not fun at all.

8. hotwheels

hotwheels Champion

First Name:
    doug
    I have a BBB case open as well, i too am still waiting for an answer.