Things are changing for the worst?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by CM30, Aug 22, 2013.

1. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Not surprised that some vBulletin support staff members have been fired. Maybe they'll hire some new coders to fix vBulletin 5 or something because something needs to happen and fast, or the company will continue to go downhill.

2. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

To be honest, I have to wonder why they're willing to fire random support staff (who in quite a few cases did nothing wrong), but not the complete failures responsible for actually programming the blasted vBulletin 5 thing.

Brandon likes this.
  3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Regular Member

Maybe the $199 support package sales have slowed down.

Big al likes this.
  4. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Man that is really bad news for IB/VB to loose their strongest supporters in loo keeping the cheaper malcontents. I'm sure if they are worth their salt they'll find employment with a company who will appreciate them.

Sounds like their HR department is staffed by ex government. When you reach your level of incompetence you get a promotion and the rest are let go.:grouphug:

Big al likes this.
  5. Big al

Big al Regular Member

So sayeth MR SENSITIVE himself! Remember me saying that the VB support staff would be wise to be looking over their shoulders?

The rot is spreading.

Fergal and Autopilot like this.
  6. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Can you run that by me again, I missed the part where they refused to delete dissenting posts and banning those who offer comments.

Autopilot likes this.
  7. Fergal

Fergal Regular Member

Probably not on the day they lost their job. But lots of people look back on a job loss sometime after it happened and realise that it was a blessing in disguise.
    Pots and kettles.

8. Big al

Big al Regular Member

A message for the IB/Vb management and support staff. Your response to legitimate complaints sounds like silence to me.

I think the lyrics say it all.

Apologies to Simon and Garfunkel.

9. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

It's not about being "insensitive", it's about IB abusing their customer base, and VB abusing customers/users senses and VB/IB staff abusing customers and users and the reality is, most if not all of you will feel the axe fall because of your actions/inactions that brought this all about.

And where was your sensitivity when people (customers/pre customers) got bounced (without warning in some cases) out of VB forum for asking relevant questions?

cpvr, Brandon and Big al like this.
  10. KW802

KW802 Regular Member

astjent.pinnaclecart.com_images_products_preview_80820.jpg

Mikey, Big al and Brandon like this.
  11. ragtek

ragtek Regular Member

I'm curios if it's because of the new Project Manager:D And let's be honnest, finally something happened there, but it seems that it hit the wrong people

(Maybe not, maybe the managers had to leave too and we'll never know, because the new guy still hadn't posted anything..:D and maybe the current people had finally a chance to leave.. probably we'll never know)

1175528_508431085902028_427682334_n.jpg

Brandon likes this.
  12. SatGuyScott

SatGuyScott Regular Member

Great pic, all that's missing is Bob Brisco in the background not paying attention trying to light his cigar with a $100 bill.

13. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

This thread just confirms what I already knew about most of you.
    People lose thier jobs and all you care about is how you can attack IB again.
    I hope the next time misfortune hits one of you, people dont act like you do.

14. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I guess we all see what we want to see then Paul.. including yourself ;)

Also.. I think we would all love to say nice things about vbulletin 5 and the IB takeover, but there simply isn't anything positive to say.

It's slow
    It's full of bugs
    IB is tricking customers for lack of better words, fooling them into thinking vb5 is ready for prime time.
    It takes just shy of 50 seconds for the "new post" page to load on the official support site.. :facepalm: (that page has always been one of the most used links on my sites for the last 7 years)

Did I miss anything?

Modern software it is not :thumbsdown:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    GTB likes this.
  15. SatGuyScott

So what have people said that NOT accurate?

You know its true, why do you keep pretending nothings going on on? Your only making a fool out of yourself and the company you work for.

Yeah you can say you don't work for IB, but if your a contracted employee I can depose you just like ANY IB employee.

Go back into your hole.

Big al likes this.
  16. SatGuyScott

Now Paul I am told that you are in charge of vb 4.22 and getting stuff like the PHP and CKeditor updated.

If this is true, then I can see why its taking so damn long because instead of working to get it done your constantly here worried about what people are saying about you and IB.

That shows me poor work ethic.

Another thing to ask yourself... after someone leave vBulletin how come they always eem to be more on our side then IB's in relation to the product, the company and the quality of the product?

Something to make you go hmm.

Big al likes this.
  17. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Regular Member

Ignoring who was let go or why, the reality is they are way, way over-staffed (support, management as well as developers). They could probably let 80% go, and stuff would get done faster because there would be less people needing to make presentations, have meetings with, etc... Cut the corporate fat IMO and just let people do what they do best.

I'm about as surprised with vBulletin staff being downsized as I am with Blackberry doing the same thing.

Brandon likes this.
  18. Alfa1

Alfa1 Regular Member

4.2.2? How on earth can 800+ bugs remain unfixed 4 years after release. Especially considering the speed we have seen weekly vb5 updates coming in. vb4 could have been Gold 3 years ago if the same manpower would have been dedicated to it. Yet, it has never gone below 750 bugs, and it does not seem like it will ever reach the same stability and bug free status that vbulletin had under Jelsoft management.

Regarding support: maybe Mark can manage that. Put Paul in charge of customer relations and we have a winner. :D
    All sarcasm aside: in my book Paul is still the main person that made vb4 into a usable product. Props for that. Must be really crappy to work with badly treated customers.

Big al likes this.
  19. Big al

Big al Regular Member

20. Big al

Big al Regular Member

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!