The Burning Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by AWS, May 13, 2012.

1. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Yep that's the very post.

I didn't say anything when I saw it yesterday, because I don't want to be accused of starting a riot.

2. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Na! Looks like people are making excuses up already.

By the way, have you seen this about vBulletin 5. Looks interesting, like the changes and off to read more: http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95232.

3. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

This is what steven s and others have been saying for a week or more already.

4. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Yeah I know, I've read them saying it. But I tend to make my own mind up on things.

5. steven s

steven s Regular Member

First Name:
    Steven
    EXACTLY! Am I the only one on the planet that sees this?

3 people like this.
  6. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Not anymore. :unhunh:

7. steven s

steven s Regular Member

First Name:
    Steven
    Two! :)
    I don't know Kier other than what I read but what I haven't seen him hold back his views.
    He generally speaks his mind and for him not to, there is a good reason.

They can get away with 1.1.3 as a bug fix since technically they are not continuing to develop but fixing what they have so far.
    You can be sure that IB lawyers are watching every move.

3 people like this.
  8. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Without a doubt I suspect.

I agree with all you said, and don't think IB want XenForo rocking the boat for vB5 showing today, by releasing XenForo 1.2 now or ever before it finally arrives. They have a lot riding on vB5 as the new version coming, think about it..?

I tend to think maybe IB wanted to reach an agreed settlement with XenForo before vB5 showing today at ForumCon. Think things are sorted now and like you said, the best they can do is release a maintenance update for current XenForo version to try and keep funds coming in, but I'll bet IB will be watching that one very closely indeed!

9. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Not at all

10. GTB

GTB Regular Member

What's up with Shamil of late on XenForo over the court case docs. He seems very hesitant about putting certain stuff up lately, and slow getting the latest ones at times (which is quite unlike him). Just been reading his http://www.shamil.co.uk site is down through heavy traffic, yet won't upload the PDF doc to XenForo for reading there instead while his site is down. Or at least he's been asked to do and made no further comment.

11. steven s

steven s Regular Member

First Name:
    Steven
    I can't even read anything on xf anymore.
    The place reminds me of a bunch of preteen little girls screaming at a Justin Beiber concert.
    Wake me up when 1.2 is released.

5 people like this.
  12. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

There may very well be docs that he's not permitted to put up, and asks for KAM's approval before he does?

13. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

or 1.1.3.

14. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Honest to god, know exactly what you mean. Was reading that thread started about vB5 there (thought negative discussion was banned about vB) on XF? Guess not when it suits and my word, I've never read such utter dribble in all my life. Talk about making it obvious your peeved with vB5 showing at ForumCon today, in trying to rubbish it best you can. It's absolutely childish behaviour going on there!

You have to question also, why that thread is being left open to run. They've closed other threads about vBulletin, as some point out in that thread. Would it just happen to be because it's about vB5 I wonder? There's too much SPITE going on at XenForo for me!

15. steven s

steven s Regular Member

First Name:
    Steven
    It's pretty bad when a mod contributes to the same thread that are previously closed.

16. GTB

GTB Regular Member

It's not that as well, they make it so obvious why certain threads are left running about vB. That's what tickles me, it's so god dam obvious! vBulletin 5 is aired today and they just happen to leave a negative thread about it running. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to work that one out?

XenForo has descended into mostly a bunch of fan-boys now, they're running the show and it shows big time.

17. steven s

steven s Regular Member

First Name:
    Steven
    I want to +like+ but would rather have an +agree+ since I don't like what's happening.

18. John

John Regular Member

Lmao! @ Gary calling a discussion utter dribble! This thread does not classify as utter dribble then? ROFLMAO!!!

19. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Leave them to it I say, only go there for a laugh when bored now.

20. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Yeah, it probably is actually. I do agree with you. But I've read worse there. Go read that court case thread to see that much, spanning a zillion pages more than this one full of dribble from XF fan-boys disgruntled at vBulletin. No different really is it?

3 people like this.