The Burning Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by AWS, May 13, 2012.

1. HWS

HWS Regular Member

I am not allowed to post URLs at this board. :(
    So please strip the blanks out of the line:

http://xenforo.com/community/goto/post?id=369335#post-369335

and ff.

2. GTB

GTB Regular Member

http://xenforo.com/community/goto/post?id=369335#post-369335

I though you joking before about him saying that!

3. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

It's not blind hatred that's keeping KAM from giving up. It's the fact that IB has accused them of stealing code, trade secrets, etc from IB while still in their employ. So I believe that it's a matter of principle now.

I know if it was me, I wouldn't want to give up and sign an agreement for the simple fact that it would look like I'm guilty of what they've accused me of. At least that's how I see. it.

However, if IB drives them into bankruptcy, they'll have no choice.

4. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Thanks. I still can't access XF anyway, so no big deal.

5. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Same here, still no sign of it at all.

6. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I'm having some problems also, but I was just able to read that thread by trying out a few different proxy sites. Some worked, some didn't. But this one did for me: http://proxy.org/cgi_proxies.shtml

Screen-shots for those who cannot access it. But I don't see looking quick what the the person above was on about saying "Slavik said"?

View attachment 2188
    View attachment 2189

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      207.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      110.7 KB
      Views:
  7. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Right I have done the hosts file edit so can get in now.

I said this morning that it wouldn't be long before somebody came up with the ludicrous excuse that they allowed the domain to drop because they were so busy developing XenForo in secret.....and here we are. Well done that chap.

http://xenforo.com/community/goto/post?id=369658#post-369658

For those still unable to access:

"EQnoble said: ↑
    (did anyone think that the guys are too busy working on xf to worry about something that was supposedly automated for them?)"

:rolleyes:

8. steven s

steven s Regular Member

First Name:
    Steven
    I'm no lawyer but I don't think someone can disolve a company to knowlingly escape the suit.
    Their only asset is their code.

2 people like this.
  9. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Wow I sure got "fanjumped" on that post...not even a couple of minutes passed by.

10. GTB

GTB Regular Member

They are being sued as individuals anyway. So I really don't see how that would help matters much, but then I'm no legal expert either?

11. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Ha! That was quick!!!

12. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

They call me a "troll" (very common for people who cannot handle opposing opinions). If I *was* trolling, I'd have them running off in tears inside an hour. The fact is I am simply posting an opinion they don't like.

13. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Just been reading now, That Azzid Reign (or what ever his stupid name is) was jumping on you.

That's the person who kept trolling IPB on AX, so how can he talk? He complained about his forums SEO blaming it all on IPB, even though his forum took like "half a day" to load up anyhow! Not that SEo really mattered?

14. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Mark.B,

Your actions in this message (Xenforo Domain Name Expired) are not appropriate. We cannot allow users to be abusive, overly aggressive, threatening, or to "troll". This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.

15. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I like how he put TROLL in "brackets".... trying to say something there or what? :shrug:

16. John

John Regular Member

It wasn't just your posts that got deleted Mark, Azzidreign's did too. I think the thing is Mark, mixed in with some of your "off the wall" theories, you make some valid points...however, you tend to push it with the off the wall stuff rather repetitiously here, at vb.com, at xf.com, etc. It does tend to start to look like trolling. Also, as firm as you are in your opinions and right to express them, you have to recognize there are those who may be just as firm in their opposing views and they have just as much right to express them without being labeled "fanbois" or whatever. Just sayin...

Also, it seems somewhat naive to me to not recognize or acknowledge that the majority of the people posting on any given product's company website, but in particular the rather passionate forum world, would be what many would call "fanboys" wouldn't you agree?

3 people like this.
  17. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Trouble is John, all I did was respond to someone's frankly ludicrous suggestion that the domain expired because they were too busy secretly developing XenForo - I mean COME ON - and then I get pounced on and insulted by Azzid Reign or whatever his name is. But then it's ME that gets the childish warning implying I am trolling!

I didn't ask him to insult me. He jumped on my post in literally seconds.

18. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Thing is Mark, your going to get jumped on because they all come here reading as guests. I think you might be surprised at how many of them do come reading. It would be no different for me if I was posting there, slightest excuse and they'd be jumping all over me. I wouldn't take much notice to be honest, don't let it get at you. To be expected really it's going to happen with you their now.

19. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Oh it doesn't get to me. Far from it. I have chewed up and spat out far greater people.

20. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Has anyone seen this in twitter? This backs you up Mark! That's been quoted all over twitter by others. So is Ashley telling lies or what in that announcement?

View attachment 2190

Attached Files: