Skimlinks

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by Nick, May 17, 2009.

1. CiaranR

CiaranR Newcomer

First Name:
    Ciaran
    It depends on how the banner ads are displayed, in general no as we ignore most ads. If there are any that you are worried about drop us a support ticket through the tab on the left of our interface and we will send through instructions on how to exclude them.

Actually having a quick look at your site, all you ads seam to be served through a hosted openX install so they will be ignored by the skimlinks code, so your advertisers won't be paying twice for advertising on your site.

Thanks

Ciaran

2. Dunhamzzz

Dunhamzzz Newcomer

First Name:
    Matthew
    I've used skimlinks from their launch, good service, takes a week or so to get those links out there and purchases confirmed!

I think they take 20% of the commission you get, although don't quote me on that.

On my laptop forum, there is a lot of discussion on upgrade/accessories, so lots of links to different products, I'm making a nice sum with it!

Interestingly, most of my commission comes from ebay!

3. Green Cat

Green Cat Adept

Never hear of it and don't think I will try it as I do not have any such links on my forum anyway.

4. gnatster

gnatster Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    It's been a month now and with no pushing from me I've made a little over $5. I can't complain as I'm not really doing anything to push traffic just letting it be totally organic.

5. Dan

Dan Future Proof

First Name:
    Dan
    Ciaran,

Do you serve UK customers using UK websites? And if so, do you have UK advertisers? I have a car forum that this could work on one day.

<Edit: I looked more and there is 'UK coverage' so I'm off to checkout the merchant list>

6. dvsDave

dvsDave Regular Member

First Name:
    David
    I just got my first payment from SkimLinks a couple weeks ago. It's definitely worth it as it requires no ongoing work on your part and you don't have to deal with signing up and maintaining affiliate agreements on our own.

7. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Does this work with rel="nofollow" links and vbseo forums?