Photoshop

Discussion in 'Skinning, Design and Graphics' started by TVDinner, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Pics or it didn't happen.

2. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

3. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Have a version of it on this PC - no idea which one - and haven't a clue how to use it.

I an just about resize a photograph, and I have occasionally managed to change the colour of an image. Sometimes.

But mostly I just sit there for ages trying to work out how to do something really simple, fail to do so, and shut it down and give up.

4. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

I think your referring to the animation table embedded into photoshop which was first introduced in the early CS Series (I can't remember which version), that's not imageready. Imageready is not built into CS3/CS4. Adobe want us all to use fireworks as a replacement to imageready which I'm not ready to do yet. If ever.

Although I have cs4 at my disposal (which the company I work for provides all employees) I haven't yet looked at cs4 but 100% sure imageready isn't built into it.

Attached Files:

5. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I knew I was right Is Photoshop image ready is included in photoshop cs3? - Yahoo! Answers

But this one is the right one, since I've used it.

I know my Photoshop <3

This is what I did *I was trying toms things out*

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  6. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Yeah, I'm going to have to go with FMB here, Shelley. She's right, ImageReady was incorporated into PS. Fireworks is a standalone product completely unrelated to PS. If Adobe charged 300 for a program just o make gif animations, there would be rioting.

7. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

No. That's not imageready, that is the animation panel, not imageready. If you can acquire CS2 you'll see.

I wouldn't't take much notice regarding those yahoo answers because there are several more that state that it's not built in.

8. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Some of the core features were included, but most were already in photoshop.

9. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Fireworks can work with multiple slices or rollovers, it's horrible stuff anyway. What you've heard is just talk, Adobe made a press release over a year ago stating what I'd said earlier, that most functionality was migrated into the CS3 line. I've owned nearly every PS version since version 5.

10. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I had PS 7, it is image ready.

Adobe Forums: image ready

Though it also says it's for people who have PSCS4 Extended, which I do. But it is included, though fireworks is a more extended version of it.

11. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Most of the features that adobe said they migrated over to cs3 were already present in photoshop in the early CS series. The important features which I think made imageready a nice versatile program didn't make it and have been migrated/implemented over to fireworks.

Heck, I can't even transfer any of my existing animated .gifs as frames without going through a hard tedious process when I tried cs3. Adobe want you to use fireworks as a replacement because they never included (what I think) the important core features into the cs3 line.

You can call it imageready all you like but anyone that used imageready extensively will disagree.