Personal or Business

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Webmist, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

LOL.

Some elements of the design are XenForo inspired, but in reality little more than avatars in threadbits, (which is now quite common), and the little pointy thing in the postbit.

Even the avatars aren't the same, I actually display avatars in a very similar way to Invision (padding and border that goes darker on hover), although it wasn't specifically inspired by them. XenForo rounds its avatars, I square them off.

2. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Some, Some, Some, Some Elements

Tell that to Kier Darby and loads of other XenForo users who have laughed their socks off at how much you've ripped out XenForo to try and make your forum look more modern like it. In the "vain hope" it will become active! :frown:

3. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

It started in 2002 on Suddenlaunch, which is much the same as Proboards, then after a month moved to direct hosting but using XMB 1.6.
    In 2004 it was switched to vB2, later that year vB3 and now vB4.

4. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Something you conveniently forgot to mention before, when saying it first started life using XMB to me. But anyway, no matter. If that is indeed the case, because you never know with you? Then why are you having a moan about people using free forums?

And more to the point. Why did your whole attutude about it suddenly change "from last week" after seeing me set one up, because you visit it every single day since? :rolleyes:

5. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Also, how can you say your forum outgrew ProBoards in 2002. From what I see BC Forums only averages at most around 8 logged-in and a handful of bots at peak time, usually less and pretty dead. You trying to tell me ProBoards can't cope with 8 online users, surely not? :wacko:

What you really mean is, you wanted more control over your forum and there's big difference in that. It has nothing to do with your forum "outgrowing" ProBoards really, you could still be running that forum of yours today on it no problem using their forum software. You have not outgrown anything in the sense of "activity" your community gets daily. And as far as Bots go, Google for example will reduce the number it sends to your forum depending on it's running speed so they don't crash your server or cause serious slow site performance issues.

You're not thinking through what you say, you appear to be looking for any reason possible to trash ProBoards down because I run one. After previously telling me your forum started life using XMB "hosted yourself", now suddenly it started life using ProBoards free and outgrew it. :rolleyes:

2 people like this.
  6. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Christ Gary my site has been successful for ten years, give it a rest.

Suddenlaunch/Proboards in 2002 were not what they are now.

7. GTB

GTB Regular Member

You started it all, not me - jeez!

8. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

You're SOOO easy to get going!

9. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Na! You bite too easy when I reply. :lol2: