New vB Skin for Semi-Auto Rifles!

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by 50calray, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

I think you have professional confused with corporate or business-like. Having a professional doesn't mean you have to sacrifice creativity or quality. A professional site design would make sure that it readable, easy to use and caters to the user while fitting the design criteria of the end-user. An amateur site design would not take these into account.

Unfortunately, this site looks very amateurish. Mostly because of a lack of contrast and over-use of gradients.

2. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Sorry, you're right.

As I said, there are some parts in which I would have stopped using gradients, like thread display.

3. kev

kev Regular Member

Nice looking theme that matches the topic of your site. But I liked the old them as well.

4. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray

Thanks anyhow,

This site is a hobby only and although it would be nice to see it rolling in some dollars, it's not necessary. The wife and I already have a great business that more than pays the bills.

Thanks,

This skin is actually closer to my original forum skin back when I ran phpbb3. That old skin you saw was supposed to be a temp skin to get me by a couple of weeks when I made the switch to vB. But it turned into a months.