My review of vBulletin

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Brandon, Jul 4, 2013.

1. GTB

GTB Regular Member

LOL, nothing ever changes.. does it. :troll:

2. ragtek

ragtek Regular Member

Not true.
    Competitors and their great software change:D

Just compare http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174-ips-company-blog/ and http://xenforo.com/community/forums/have-you-seen/ with http://www.vbulletin.com/forum

I also don't say that xf is great ( http://admin-talk.com/threads/cant-have-fun-on-xenforo-com.43768/#post-494491 ) but it's 1000x bettern then vBulletin.

0 communication
    nobody is trying to show the benefits of using vB5
    no internationalization till today(i've read that a german translation is available for testing since today! TODAY!)

i know probably already more about the not yet released IPB4 because of their great blog posts then from vB5, because NOBODY is trying to promote and sell it

Just saying^^

3. ragtek

ragtek Regular Member

Another example: https://twitter.com/INETskunkworks/status/365163824682254336
    IB is proud of moving a board to vB4.2

WHY the hell vB4? Why not to their new software,which they should be proud off and where all the man power should go?
    I didn't see anybody mentioning that he finally imported everything to mybb 1.3 or ipb 2.x

vB4 wasn't usable till 4.2
    Then they got it finally stable and isntead of continuing, they stopped development, moved all the know how which they got while vB4 development to /dev/null and started from scratch with the same lame show..:/
    Currios if vB5 will become usable with version 5.2 , 5.4 or if we'll see vB6 in some years...

4. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Well that should tell you - all you need know, when the company trying to pawn you off using vB5 won't even use it themselves before vB3 and vB4.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    Big al and ragtek like this.
  5. Big al

Big al Regular Member

"VB5 is the platform that all others will be based upon."

Now there's a conundrum, Two fairy tales, which one is more believable?

At least Easter eggs work. So I will believe the Easter bunny more.

6. Big al

Big al Regular Member

The Op posted a link to : http://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.vbulletin.com There are lots of comments by many experienced users of VB, or should I say EX users of VB.

A lot of the posts there back up exactly what others and I have been saying, I would recommend that the comments be looked at by VB and their staff as to the facts about what they are doing to their once good organization.

The condescending comments and lack of proper answers by VB and VB.org support staff says a lot about how much of a fail they all are.

It is not unreasonable for a customer to be treated with respect, by those who they in effect employ, by paying for their services

The comments by some of the staff are a joke. The staff concerned do seem to have good tech skills, but are woefully lacking in people skills, and can only run away when confronted with the facts. Yes it is hard to admit they are arrogant and have little PR skills but the facts cannot be altered.

I am afraid that a once great software organization has been almost destroyed, and I can understand that many of the staff are concerned about their future employment.
    However is does not do their employment chances any good to deride customers as any potential employer will I think, look at this aspect and ask themselves if their organization would go the same way as VB with some of the same staff.

Autopilot and Brandon like this.
  7. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

That was a good read, thanks for re posting the link. Of course we've read it all hear but it's good to see it posted in other venues.

Big al likes this.
  8. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

Lol they are happy they moved to 4.2? Wow. Does Bob Brisco do anything else other than pad his wallet and talk out of his ass these days? What is he pioneering? He has completely failed with vBulletin.

Autopilot likes this.
  9. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Oh, oh, oh. Paul. You just passed on some IB policy there, haven't you. Tsk. tsk. tsk. You made Mark B. now a big liar.

LOL!!!!:P:ROFL:

Scott

Autopilot and Big al like this.
  10. Big al

Big al Regular Member

OOOOOOOOOO Naughty Pauly.

Autopilot likes this.
  11. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    A quote from one of my clients that I'm converting to xenforo.

I think it'll be interesting to see what all these pro-vb staff members say after IB kills off vb completely and they work themselves out of a job.

Maybe we'll see the truth at that point, or at the very least an apology would be in order.

Big al, Autopilot and GTB like this.
  12. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I wouldn't joke about that, because the way things seem to be going since vB5 came out, you don't know if vBulletin might get sold on at some point soon. I personally cannot believe what vBulletin has become since IB took over, they've ruined things their now, must be worth a fraction of what they paid for it originally.

Makes you wonder if they might decide to off-load vBulletin as a bad asset. The only thing that makes me think they won't is because they power their own forums using it. But what if IB themselves switched their money making sites to XenForo at some point? LOL!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    Big al likes this.
  13. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    This has been brought up several times as the only reason IB purchased vBulletin.

14. GTB

GTB Regular Member

But seeing as vB sites tend to look a little dated now compared to XenForo sites having a much more modern look and way of doing things, they are more appealing for using. Plus they have the banner ads integration feature already their. If it gets more popular with sites moving to XF, you never know if IB might decide it's best moving their forums over to it to try and monopolize making money better.

Does vB5 have banner ads integration?

15. Big al

Big al Regular Member

A VERY good post. I am sure that deep down many know they are doing wrong, but it is beneath them to have the guts to apologize.

16. Big al

Big al Regular Member

It may get down to the bean counters realizing that VB is bleeding money. The bottom line may decide the fate of VB.

17. dandanch

dandanch Regular Member

Dated I don't know about that my friend..I think its what you like or don't like, now for me I don't think xenforo looks all that good, but to someone else it looks great, I just like the way vb looks even vb5 :)

18. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

Not really sure if you trying to be funny or serious.
    I guess perhaps its American (or German ?) humour ?
    Either way its just daft. :)

19. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

It was humor. But, as for daft, nah. I was trying to get an answer from Mark (and you) as to some policy/ direction about vBulletin and he said as the final answer, "official responses from Internet Brands are not going to be posted on third party sites", yet you corrected someone about the IB policy dealing with beta testers and free licenses.

What is daft is Mark's (or the whole vB.com staff's) inability to be able to tell people (customers) exactly what they should expect in terms of support on the vB.com forums, here or on vB.com.

Oh, btw, congrats on getting the task of vB4.2.2 project manager and good job with the little bits of info you try to give customers. You need to be able to tell more, like..... Who is on your team? When will we get some more news about the release, like, when it is planned to happen?

Oh, darn. I know. You can't give any official response on this site. Hahaha....Well, how about off the record? Or better yet, on vB.com?;)

Scott

20. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

As you say, I am the PM for 4.2.2, I did keep trying to tell you I know its coming ;)

At this moment 4.2.2 is still in early planning, and there is nothing more to say.
    When there is, this wont be the first place I post any information, that would be vb.com.

However, as it stands I intended to keep people infomed away from vb.com as well, but not if people just continue to attack and knock all the time, I wont waste my time with such constant battles, I have already decided not to bother with TAZ due to the constant attitude there.

I have better things to do than keep feeding the trolls. It would be a shame if this place went the same way. I guess we'll see.

s.molinari, dandanch and Brandon like this.