Most unfriendly forums of all time

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Michael, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Michael

Michael Regular Member

I dont think youre the most unfriendly of them all at all AkWorm, theres much much worse!

2. Peacelily

Peacelily Adept

wordpress.org forums.

:mad2:

I would love for someone to start something like Admin Addict for Wordpress users, because wordpress.org is poopy.

3. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

.com is pretty horrid.

4. Ak Worm

Ak Worm Grand Master

First Name:
    Corey
    Okay cool, but my site was listed under most unfriendly.

5. Venom

Venom Adept

6. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Regular Member

That is no reason for things to be considered 'unfriendly'.

7. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Grand Master

First Name:
    not telling anyone ;)
    i am on two (well, i got banned off the first for no reason)

one was made by someone who was an admin on another forum, but got sick of having to listen to the rest of the staff, so created her own forum and stole all our members and then deleted it all. this admin was really power mad and the members were really cliquey. i felt really unwelcome there cause they knew that i was a mod on the new forum we made after they destroyed the other one and took every opportunity to talk badly about our forum and its staff in threads and on the shoutbox. in the end they banned me, cause she was that paranoid about me copying their forum (which really wasnt very good).

the other one i am still a member of, and am one of the last surviving oldies, with 10000 posts. i only really come on to be friendly to the newbies, who seem to think i am a mod cause ive done a lot for the forum (it changed owners last year and the new admin doesnt really go on often, and the mods arent active very often, and cant handle all the flaming) cause i wrote the faq thread and help everyone.
    the thing that makes this forum so unfriendly is because a group of friends have formed a clique that are unfriendly to the new members and will gang up on anyone who doesnt share their views. they have a forum, which is private, but they talk about it like its the best forum ever, making other members jealous because they cant join. they think that they are above the rules, and regularly start flame wars, feed the trolls and make sly digs at other members. the mods occaisionally step in to delete posts or lock a thread, but only when a few members report it.

8. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
  9. Sunsettommy

Sunsettommy Adept

Democratic Underground

;)