Jelsoft a little stuck on themselves?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by kev, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I totally agree Nick.

It's fair to say that the vast majority of vBulletin customers are probably not concerned by 24 hours of maintenance work on the support forums, assuming they even noticed.

However, there's a cluster of interested/concerned customers here, and Ray's taken the time to sign up and post an explanation as to what's going on.

Personally, I think that's fantastic and I hope it continues. It shows a different side to the company, and one I hope we see more of.

What's more, I really appreciate Ray's explanation, it does lay all the conspiracy theories to rest once and for all as it makes perfect sense.

2. John

John Regular Member

Come on Nick. I respect you but I think anyone who has higher than a 3rd grade education knows the real answers to all the points you just brought up. vBulletin being down all day then having an official announcement made here rather than other proper channels is tacky...no matter how you and your staff here try and spin it ;) Also, I don't think anyone in disagreement here is angry at AA. To the contrary, our dissatisfaction is directed once again at IB representatives.

3. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Still no word on the skunk?

4. Notorious

Notorious Regular Member

Converting to IPB would have been quicker :p

5. tech

tech Regular Member

Lol, imagine that, a forum software company using their rivals software..

6. John

John Regular Member

I think I passed that skunk on the way to work this morning...sorry to say he was looking a little...flat :D

7. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

OMG ;~; Horrible!!!!!

THEY KILLED THE SKUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*mourns the skunk*

8. Mike

Mike Adept

First Name:
    Mike
    +1

While there are many vB license holders visiting this site, I ~think~ it's safe to say there are likely a larger number of them visiting vB.org. I have no problem with anyone posting on any site, but where would Ray's message be seen by the highest number of vB license holders? Particularly in light of his 'busy schedule'. From the recent looks of things, I think he could have hit just as many vB people on the IPB forums as on here.

I can see how it might have been a hassle getting all the support scripts integrated with the new forum script. Although I would have thought someone at IB/vB Solutions would have got their finger out and had all those problem addressed prior to the upgrade. Whatever the truth may be, the general perception is the upgrade went poorly. And to me, that is perceived as corporate suicide. If there was ever a wrong way to unveil a new product, we've just witnessed it.

9. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

I almost can't bring myself to say it. But I will. If I witnessed something so criminal it was done in one day. Years of trust that you'll never get back by loyal members such as myself you had to go and remove the skunk, now he's dead? flat as a frigging pancake for christ sake.

Forget the product, forget the time offline, i don't care I think skunk shouldn't have been removed because of some humour thrown in this thread and his death is now on your shoulders.

I'm sorry, I feel a life is far more important than a product that doesn't have to dictate our lives.

*also mourns the vbskunk*

10. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

This is truly a sad day for IB, vB Customers, and the internet in general. May he R.I.P. :cry:

11. gnatster

gnatster Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    vb Skunk = Soupy Sales?

Just sayin' :shrug:

12. GTB

GTB Regular Member

13. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

:| I don't like that skunk, it looks stupid, I liked the maniacal skunk they had. >=[

14. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I have to agree with John here.

15. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Regular Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
    2 people like this.
  16. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

hahahahahahahahahahha... Beautiful.

17. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

I agree, II guess his stance said a lot of things that words couldn't he was preparing himself for something, he knew the end was coming even though we didn't. *sobs* follow the light my friend, follow the light.

Onto a more serious matter. Will we be seeing another variation of the vb skunk or is this it for skunks?

I apologize if I'm emphasizing on the skunk a little but if we don't show compassion to a friend that was in dire straights or heading for it then what kind of people are we?

He was a friend, someone I could confide in. Heck was he a great listener though I put this down to the fact I couldn't sit next to him for long so our conversations where brief.

hmmm. *walks away*

18. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Great stuff. screw the skunk. I'm jumping ship.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  19. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Regular Member

Beautiful, just beautiful

20. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Sorry can't resist