Jelsoft a little stuck on themselves?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by kev, Oct 22, 2009.

1. David

David Regular Member

+1 for you for coming here and clearing things all up and letting every one know.

2. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

perhaps I can retract that comment and prompt his return untill the morning. Thanks for the reply and give him my regards. ;)

3. oh

oh Newcomer

:doh:

Very unprofessional, why post on third party sites? admin addict means nothing in the vb community world, no offence to here as been reading only here for a while and always interesting, but had to register to answer this on as i'm most annoyed at the lack of PR.

Why not send a mail out to all members and give yourselves some time to complete the upgrade, if all the things you mention are true then surely you should have know the forums would maybe be off for a certain period, let people know about it.

This will make many people think twice about purchasing now, BAD BAD PR Mr Ray (thumbs down)

4. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

Ahh, see, I didn't know about their history, so to me, this is just an upgrade that is taking a while.

5. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I wholeheartedly disagree.

I think it's fantastic that Ray has turned up here and posted an official explanation, a place where he can see some concerned customers have gathered.

I never expected that, and it's actually taken me by surprise, and even makes me wonder if there's hope out there somewhere.

So don't knock Ray for making that post, I welcome it with open arms, it's one of the most positive things I've seen them do for a long time.

Thanks Ray!

6. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

Seriously, thanks for the update Ray. People will take it however they need to take it. I'm glad I wasn't the only one bent about the blowfish. :P

What virtue would be useful now? :D

Edit: Mr. Oh needs to make an intro post...... sheesh

7. Ray Morgan

Ray Morgan Newcomer

Very welcome, Mark. Happy to provide the info.

8. John

John Regular Member

Maybe a quick tweet from the official vB twitter account too Ray? ;)

9. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I think whoever that is has turned up to cause trouble...one single post just to have a dig.
    Cool. I'd reiterate that I'm very impressed that this has been done, it's massively significant and - horrors - may make me backtrack on some of my recent rantings. awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_64850b76515527cc9097c95127a30bec.gif

I feel after a shaky few weeks things are finally turning the corner.

10. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Do they have one?

Not that I use Twitter, I don't "get" it.

11. Mikey

Mikey Mikeylicio.us

12. oh

oh Newcomer

Yes it is but there are many many more concerned customers on .org which is where Ray should have posted in the first place, thankfully someone has quoted his post to here so here will get traffic

You on commission ? :uhh:

13. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

WHAT are you talking about?? Ray thought we should know what's going on so he comes here, joins and gives us the news. You call that unprofessional???

Geeze cramminies. They are truly damned if they do and damned if they don't! :o

14. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

I have to agree leave ray alone. Pick on wayne. :D

Although on the otherhand vbulletin.org would have been the most appropriate place to post as this is where the customer base resides waiting for this kind of info.

And on the otherhand mark your like a yoyo. I can't keep up. lol

15. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

It's not a case of being a yo-yo, it's about being honest about a situation. I'm not going to rant about the company if they do something I think is good.

I haven't changed any of my opinions of the company that I have been so vocal about, however, this step tonight (of them making a statement on here) is a departure from the recent style. That, coupled with the rethink about getting a demo available before the pre-sale ends, might suggest that things are going to improve. If they do, I'll be the first to acknowledge & applaud that, and I think that's right and proper.

All we need now is for them to offer the betas to those who have pre-paid in the sale, and I might have to change my opinions.....

16. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I think it's a bit of a joke that Ray came here to explain what the hold up is as well.
    No offence to the admins of AA, but it's not like this site is solely about vBulletin. An update on vBulletin.com or vBulletin.org would of be far more professional IMO, or as smackLAN said, an update on the vBulletin Twitter accounts.
    Posting an update on adminaddict would be the same as posting on any number of other admin related sites. Just another example on how iNet doesn't fully grasp how to communicate with their clients.

17. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Does that mean there's a chance we will get the skunk image back on the maintenance screen? Ray, can you pull some strings?

18. drumming207

drumming207 Adept

I'm not sure why so many people are upset about every thing that vBulletin does / does not do. :shrug: Do people really get this emotionally invested in vB (trash talking, stating how they are going to really lose business now, etc.)?

Brandon, your quoted text above shows that what Ray said is not merely a "joke," but rather maybe you felt left out that he did not post this information on your site. vBulletin should have sent an email to all registered users, but really...who cares if they are offline to do what they need to do?

Just my :2cents:

19. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Thanks Ray for the update, much appreciated.

Especially nice of you to take the time to post on a neutral forum such as this one. While there are many on this site quite familiar with other Admin sites, there are also other people such as myself that are fairly new to the scene that don't frequent those. I find AA especially accommodating because of the people running it, good people.

Although it is probably a side effect, having vb.com down for the night will allow everyone, especially the support staff to have a break from the events of the last several days. I consider myself quite calm and reasonable but even I have been consumed with those events, and even had gotten a bit excited.

I am looking forward to the beta on vb.com. No matter what some people will criticize things about it simply because that is the nature of forums, so don't take that the wrong way.

My hats off to Steve, Wayne, Jake, Zach, and the rest of the support staff!

20. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    My post had nothing to do with him posting it on my site or not.
    My point is that this is an admin site, to help admins of several scripts.
    A post on vb.org, .com or their official Twitter accounts would of been far more professional. This site only has a small percentage of vBulletin users, most of them (all vb owners) still have no idea why vBulletin.com is still down.
    I don't believe what he said anyways, or really care how long vB.com is down.
    Everyone knows I'm a vBulletin fan and always will be, but it all comes to a point when you start losing faith in what you're being told. :)

2 people like this.