Jelsoft a little stuck on themselves?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by kev, Oct 22, 2009.

1. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

x.x There hasn't been a domain name change, it's just a dang splash page.

2. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Or if it was a skunk.

Vbulletin solutions - You stink, but our christmas bash wont. (minimal requirements to run: a healthy bank account)

3. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Kevin they don't have a new domain name. That's just for the maintenance page. But yeah I can see how it would throw some off. I think it's funny myself.

As for the changes, and the inordinate number of them. I have to agree there. Just too much in too short of a time.

I still think it's a skunk girls!

4. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Now that's funny right there. :D

5. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

Moving too fast for you there, grandpa? These young whipper-snappers changing the daggone world too quickly? It's better than announcing a change then we have to wait 2 years for them to implement them.

6. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I always pull this comment up. It's not true. People love change. Always buying new TVs, phones, computers, etc.

What people don't like is change where they are entirely disenfranchised from the process, which is what's happening here.

7. Yoshi

Yoshi Regular Member

I thought it had been hacked for a split second when I saw a black page with an image in the middle :o

8. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

We are talking about a splash page? I think the tit for tat is more tit than tat. A domain means nothing, people will look into it as they see fit. No forum software/developer can really claim to be the best but what is best for the person who can really make such a statement.

Hopefully that makes sense. Or not. Who knows.

9. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Hacked? I think it's more prone to be gnawed than hacked. that beaver seriously looks under nourished.

10. David

David Regular Member

Have you ever wore a shirt that says "Worlds best dad" or given a gift that has that on it?

11. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

Well, crap...I didn't get to see the splash page. So whose got the screenshots!?!?

Based on the descriptions....it was a CHINCHILLA!!!! rawr :woohoo:

To add on to the People don't like change characterization....I call bs and up you for the win on....People don't like being out of their comfort zone. :cheers:

As to being number 1...I +1 OneUpDave. Not meaning to be harsh there sir Kevin, but really. The concept of business is to always say your No. 1. Actually, does not have to be business, right? Ford always thinks they are No. 1. pssshh

No disrepect, I'm sure you have some valid feelings behind your statements, you've been around awhile.

@Shelley -- ur teh awesomez :lolspit:

12. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

Yeah, but nobody can truly define who's the best, so it shouldn't be offensive if someone says they're the best.

13. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Christ - Chinchilla!!!! Could it actually be a another animal dressed up in disguise impersonating another animal?

Could it be a blowfish?

Worrying times. Maybe somebody somewhere can enlighten us and put us out of out perpetual misery. I was right, it's a south american greater spotted blowfish?

14. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

A chinchilla does not have that big of a tail! Then again, it can be an obese manaical chinchilla.

:D Don't you see online, ALWAYS "The BEST webhost" or "We are THE BEST graphic design resource" or "The BEST gaming forum", or just #1 to go on with a change. Do you also see the Toyota and Ford commercials? They always say "Ranked BEST truck of the year by some magazine I never heard".

;) So it's not kiddish or egotistical at all, it's competition, that's all.

15. David

David Regular Member

Its a skunk according to some sources

And if you view the source

Code:
    <!-- Hey, I see you snooping in the code. Here is something smart - Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. Team Skunkworks.  -->

Also, this domain would be good for SEO when people search "best forum software". Really its a smart business move, and I don't have any problems with it either ethically or morally that a company has named themselves the best.

16. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

AHA! e.e Maybe next time they should make the skunk more black and more cute...it scares meh.

17. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

I wouldn't even say it's about competition. It's a way for the developers to feel good about themselves and to be part of a product that they are proud of and claim to be the best. If you worked on a product for so long you'll claim that anything you have been involved in is the best. That is not entirely true though, Again the best product is the ones that your customers find to be the best that fits their needs.

hmmmm that blowfish is starting to look more like a hybrid skunk/beaver.

18. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

I don't think that will be the actual, final domain name. It's too complex to remember the format and hyphen spacing, and the existing name is too good SEO and recognition.

But still, why complain about it? There's a literal ton of advertisements that reference themselves (or the competition) as the 'best', 'number 1' or 'leading brand', so this isn't really anything new.

19. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

BOOM BOOM

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  20. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

No pics, or it didn't happen. I can't think of blowfish, its unethical (link might be bad) :thumbup:

2 people like this.