Jelsoft a little stuck on themselves?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by kev, Oct 22, 2009.

1. tech

tech Regular Member

Wow...That fails.....and 'Never' is pretty harsh..

2. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Less than 48 hours after I pay them $130, that is their ONLY response to date to ANY of my concerns.

I have a nice message for them on my site under the copyright - I have sought advice and it doesn't break the license agreement. It is a statement of pure fact, rather than a disparaging remark - though I don't think the licnense prevents disparaging remarks anyway.

I'm also going to raise a formal - written - complaint against them for their appalling attitude.

They have, quite genuinely, picked on the wrong man to do this to.

3. Rocket 442

Rocket 442 Ambitious, but Rubbish

First Name:
    Andy
    not to sound like an ass... but I doubt they really care what you put under your copyright and all it does is make you look less credible, not them.

I don't agree with what they're doing, but if you're that pissed just don't support them.

2 people like this.
  4. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

I've been searching around for other opinions regarding the vB presale and changes recently to better myself about what I will decide for myself.

I was trying to find if pricing was mentioned at all for vB5 and so forth, since it was announced a 18-24 month timeframe b/t releases, iirc.

I went the one of the most widely known sites for reviews -- web hosting talk.

Holy cow the thread they have there. Some good history information too, at least for me. I was able to better understand this.... loyal customer type. Some mention of UBB and its practices.

I'm still on the fence...and I have t-minus 4 days left??

5. banger

banger Addict

Stop being scared. This is another marketing tactic by these guys. WHO CARES if you don't upgrade to the "suite" - are you going to use it? From experience, these user blogs never take off on a site and I don't think the "integrated cms" makes any difference at all. You can integrate wordpress or joomla with much better results and the benefits of all the other CMS enhancements.

So what happens if you don't upgrade? You pay a few dollars more for forums only, that's all. If they had an expired license it was an even easier decision as our clients have represented no interest in paying $190. They are very happy with switching to a new product when time arises and sticking with 3.8. Buying a whole new product makes sense, whether it is vB or IPB or using GPL open source, since vB decided there is no such thing as an upgrade any more and we're all basically buying new products at their prices.

2 people like this.
  6. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Regular Member

Already have.
    Any bets on how long it will take for vBulletin to become nothing but a footnote, thanks to the idiots @ IB?

Been there, done that. Ray is a very harsh individual, making calls like this where he has absolutely no right to do. He's a spin doctor, that's fine, but he really , really is making this worse for IB, rather than making it better.

Out of the clients I've talked to (which, including myself account for around 20+ licenses), absolutely none of them are going to throw money at vb until they get their shit together over there. Sure, you can say that's a low figure, but that's not really that low.

I've already taken my biggest personal vB project and migrated it (talk about a major pain in the ass). Since my 3.8 licenses are going to be active forever, I don't see me upgrading ANY time soon, especially after the shit they've been pulling the past few months.

Won't do a damn bit of good, nobody cares over there. I've had a helpdesk ticket in for better than a month, they haven't bothered touching it. Really, nobody cares at IB. If you find a (credible) way to submit reviews about crap like this (a-la BBB) online, then by all means, post the link, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd jump on the chance to contribute my 0.02 there as well

7. hotwheels

hotwheels Champion

First Name:
    doug
    #2 is my biggest concern. I am still stunned that i will no longer receive updates for my blog software.
    Placing my blog software into a suite is just a bunch of crap. I have stated at vbulletin.com that i don't need nor do i want a cms from them, nor do i want the crappy project tools. I am sorry that the project tools was a terrible sales idea, but that wasn't my fault. I purchased the blog software for $50.00 and had no clue that a company was going to try to extort money out of me for it's continued upgrades.