Jelsoft a little stuck on themselves?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by kev, Oct 22, 2009.

1. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I've been thinking, maybe the skunk ran away, he was getting too many page views and got scared.

2. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Possibly, I think we could speculate till we go blue in the face but his return is highly unlikely. Unless... we see a version2? Your a talented designer FMB, What are the chances? lol

3. banger

banger Addict

All good comments, especially about design. Perhaps vBulletin 4 Alpha looks like a poor man's IPB because they still didn't fill all the critical positions necessary to bring you vBulletin 4 and revolutionize the world of online forums. LOL...

User Interface (UI) Engineer job in Los Angeles | Simply Hired

User Interface (UI) Engineer
    Internet Brands - Los Angeles, CA
    Los Angeles based Internet Brands, Inc. is currently seeking a User Interface (UI) Engineer to help revolutionize the world's most popular forum software, vBulletin. The ideal candidate will: * Have experience producing a variety of advanced user interfaces for consumer facing web applications * Think in semantic mark-up * Have hands on experience with object oriented JavaScript coding * Understand usability * Be familiar with PHP, Ruby or other scripting languages * Be a sophisticated problem solver * Love working on fast-paced teams and be a mentor to others We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a casual work environment. Please send resumes to

2 people like this.
  4. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

+1 banger lol

5. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Regular Member

My cats got hungry? Sorry, times are hard, have to pay for vBulletin upgrades somehow, so the cats get to eat the wildlife around them :shrug:

6. mlx

mlx Newcomer

7. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

xD Is that recent?

8. Nick

Nick Regular Member

:lol: I have the same question as FMB.

What confuses me is why the maintenance page URL from vB (http://www.best-forum-software.com/) doesn't redirect to vBulletin now. :shrug:

9. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I'm pretty sure vB just made it like that for shits and giggles [when they put that domain as their maintenance page] , people just overreacted about a domain.

10. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

They have turned what used to be a subtle sense of humour into what amounts to a propensity to take the piss out of their customers. I don't like it (you'll not be surprised to hear!)

11. Nick

Nick Regular Member

But there's no harm in redirecting it to vB.com, is there?

12. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

No, but having users that end up on that maintenance page and clicking the link to go helps with tracking landing points.

13. Mike

Mike Adept

First Name:
    Mike
    Nick, please understand I mean you no disrespect whatsoever.

But I find it a ~little~ hard to believe Ray found it more important to address AA's members, rather than his own customers.

I've no qualms with Ray joining any forum he chooses and posting whatever he likes. However, AA was not the only site where vB customers were voicing their concerns. And some of those other sites are vB-oriented sites, as well as being generic admin sites.

From where I'm sitting, I don't think anyone was kicking at you because Ray was posting here. (I know I certainly wasn't.) We're only wondering why vB customers were unable to find information on a vB-related site, that's all. Sorry to say, I was looking for some sort of announcement to be made on the .com maintenance page or on .org and not on this site. I did find the information I was seeking, but I found it much later than I would have liked. And I question the wisdom of providing information to AA members ahead of vB customers, that's all. (Which isn't the first time I've questioned Ray's actions, but that's another story in and of itself.)

I hope this explains my position a bit more clearly. And if you feel offended by my earlier post, please accept my apology as I certainly did not mean to disrespect you.

14. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

I'm not sure why this an issue but if I had a stellar employee whose judgment I trusted implicitly posting on a forum, and there was a thread on that forum with the title "Jelsoft a little stuck on themselves?", I would be tempted to sign up and say hello. Both to dispel the notion and as a good will gesture.

:shrug:

15. banger

banger Addict

Tempted, maybe but that's about it. Hopefully Ray is Superman since he has a whole lot of forums to post on to dispel these notions. I ran a site with traffic much larger than vbulletin's traffic and at no time did it occur to me to do the same. But this entire 2-week forced upgrade has been a never seen before fiasco and his post is only par for the course. I really enjoy and look forward reading each of his crafted, victorious announcements.

16. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

It takes talent to craft such announcements. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  17. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Was your larger forum a support forum for a product you were the general manager of? Unless I am mistaken Ray (presumably) gets a salary and reports to others. And presumably the more vb sales there are the better he is viewed to the people he reports to.

I'm not sure what other admin forums the vb support people post on, nor do I know if there was a thread on there titled "Jelsoft a little stuck on themselves?".

I think many forum admins/owners have threads on other forums discussing our forums and no I would not necessarily post in those threads. At least I think that is what you are referring to.

18. techit

techit Addict

First Name:
    Prabh
    Wow thats a pretty long thread. in my opinion the core issue probably revolves around:-

1) Pre-sales offer without a live demo and too short a time
    2) Folks who purchased or renewed 3.8 and bought blogs recently who will now need to re-purchase it if they want to continue using it...

A lot of vb announcements of late seem to be spin work to do damage control, i can only hope that the actual product when it comes out justifies the price tag :)

19. banger

banger Addict

There is nothing that will justify the incredibly poor way customers were treated and held up at gunpoint. When your boyfriend slaps you silly once, you should be smart enough to know whom you're dealing with. Cut your losses before it gets worse.

20. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Just to prove I am right about the poor way customers have been treated -

Instead of responding to any of my concerns, the vB team have now banned me from their forums.

vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
    We take you at your word: I want no part of this "brave new world" because I am not being treated as a valued customer.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
    vBulletin Community Forum