Is xenForo Dying?

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by AWS, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Link: http://xenforo.com/c...e-6#post-358781

Well, I never expected to read Brogan say that. Is it me here, or does that sound like Brogan is having a POP at Kier and Mike?

2. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

It doesn't SOUND like he's having a pop, he actually is.

That's quite awful, there is MUCH bubbling under the surface at XenForo and I stand by my assertion that it is finished in the form we knew and loved.

It will all come out in the wash one day, mark my words. Something is very, very wrong at XenForo towers.

3. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

Seems to me that the pedestal Kier & Co have been put on might be starting to crumble. People seem to be starting the realize Kier & Co may not be perfect. It isnt a far leap from that to beliving there might be at least some truth to IB's claims.

4. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I'm just gob smacked to read Brogan even say that, he never gave any indication before he wasn't happy about something with Kier and Mike. I guess them leaving him in the dark telling him nothing, left taking all the flak on the forum for months has miffed him off in the end, or maybe just letting him go so easy and then appointing new mods in his place so soon has left a sour taste in his mouth "feeling used"? Still shocked at reading Brogan say that though, seems completely out of character for him and I've read it again a few times still and seems to be saying he wasn't happy with Kier and Mike. Would love to know the true behind that statement from him?

And meanwhile on just getting in catching up on emails leading to XenForo received with replies made. I still see my name is being dragged through the mud while I've been out all day. I though Slavik said he wouldn't tolerate abuse aimed towards another customer, so much for that statement eh? Not only does he egg them on to post remarks my way first of all, questioning my comment. But then tolerates any old crap thrown my way.

Wrong mod picked for the job I'm afraid if that's how he's going to act! He's letting his own fan-ism get in the way for me, rather than being neutral. I'll give Brogan his due, he did try and remain neural, he will be missed there and think only the fact Jake got made up goes some way in replacing him with another who can help people the way he did.

5. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Well I mentioned about Slavik not deleting abuse before, yet deleting my post, so that's no surprise.

Jake though is different, I have huge respect for him, he has heritage and gravitas so he's a fine choice. Never was quite sure why he wasn't made a mod before.

He and Brogan should have both been offered official "Support" roles, as opposed to just "moderator". Obviously it would be unpaid, certainly to start with, but together they would have been a real "dream team". Their technical knowledge of the product is greater than pretty much everyone else bar Kier and Mike. All too late now though.

6. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I was very surprised JAKE didn't come on-board as staff right away, but that may have been due to the fact he was vBulletin staff before and was maybe cautious he might get dragged into the court case if seen as staff there? But I agree, really it should be "Brogan and Jake" as higher up Support|Mod staff, then some general mods below them used only for monitoring the forums mainly.

7. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I notice Kier has commented on the court case *again*. I really wish he wouldn't do that, it makes me cringe. Is there nobody with the business acumen to advise him to SHUT UP about the lawsuit? *Anything* he says about it is going to get twisted and used against him.

This is why I don't buy the idea that the devs went silent because of the lawsuit, since when Kier does post he often comments directly on the lawsuit!

8. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I read it before, sounds a little like Kier is annoyed IB are claiming they used a Private Dick to trace Mike and Ashley down to serve them court papers. When they never actually moved home address, so why hire a Private Dick to trace them down?

I've never agreed with that court case thread, well not for a long time now. I think it's rather silly of KAM to allow it and let members keep posting their slanderous remarks about Internet Brands and vBulletin in it, especially on the XenForo company forums of all places! And a thread which can be read publicly by anyone visiting there, they should remove it.

Internet Brands could claim KAM are encouraging it to take place on purpose to try and ruin vBulletin sales and the business.

9. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Don't get me wrong, I entirely agree with his comments. But he should not be posting them. It betrays a little commercial naivety I'm afraid.

I don't mean any of this to be nasty to Kier, I like him and his product, I just cringe whenever he comments on the lawsuit because any opposing side in a lawsuit will just seize on it. It is simply not something he ought to be doing.

10. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I agree, he really should not be commenting anything at all in public about the court case while ongoing, and IB will jump on anything they feel is usable in court. But he doesn't say anything bad though, just a general comment that they hired a Private Dick to find Ashley and Mike and they never moved anywhere. Obviously that's true, Kier knows if they moved house or not. So see no issue with that comment really.

11. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

Law firms often use private investigation companies to serve papers. Its not rocket science. Its not about "finding" the person, its about a third party serving the papers so they can testify they in fact were served.

See: http://www.icsworld.com/Private_Investigation_Services/Default.aspx for an example...

If you read the letter between the attorneys, IB's attorney asked the law firm to accecpt service, which was apparantly denied. On this one it appears Kier is the one twisting amd not telling the whole truth.

12. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I see your point, I never thought about that at first. That they are used for the reason you said. Very true, well said!

In that case, maybe his remark about it on XenForo was a foolish one after all then like Mark said.

13. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Some are renewing their XenForo licenses, or buying new ones now to prove a point after my comment. Well I'm glad I could help boost XenForo sales, and seems my comment paid off well after all in the long-run. Maybe I should post more like that to help boost sales even further? Bet KAM loves me right now for saying what I did.

http://xenforo.com/c...-13#post-359107

14. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Now this is very interesting! Either Brogan came back later and edited his own post on XenForo, removing the reference to "Kier and Ashley" from it below himself since. Or somebody else has edited his post removing it?

Link: http://xenforo.com/c...e-6#post-358781

But, further down in replies made. Another person "QUOTED" what Brogan originally said.

Link: http://xenforo.com/c...e-6#post-359041

So what's going on now then? Did Brogan edit his own post removing that part or what?

EDIT UPDATE: Oh Wow! Now that post quoting Brogan I just copied and pasted here linked to above by "Brett Peters", has just this second had that quote removed from it! Looks like somebody is running around doing some clean-up censoring. Caught red handed doing it now, ha, ha! Think we can rule out that both Brogan and Brett Peters have just edited their own posts removing it.

15. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Borgan has spotted it. This time I have a screenshot.

Link: http://xenforo.com/c...e-7#post-359169

View attachment 2165

Well what can you say to that one, proves they are running around censoring things to suit them. What a place XenForo is eh, now even editing Borgan's post and removing quotes from others that quoted it! And after everything he did for them too, keeping their sinking ship afloat for months single handed while they went AWOL!

Attached Files:

16. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Good catch there.

And what an abominable way to treat poor Brogan after all the work he did.

The community there is in a terrible mess and I have to say...vBulletin is much more open to free opinions being posted. The very fact I'm still there is proof of THAT.

Never thought I'd have to say that about XF to be honest.

17. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Well people are jumping all over it now, looks like Kier put his foot in it big time, he's been caught with hand in the cookie jar! Guess they'll go AWOL for a while again now.

And what will the fan-boys say in defence of that one? But wait., it's happened.......... how pathetic is this just said!

18. Goerge Hastings

Goerge Hastings Regular Member

First Name:
    George
    It's a total waste of time trying to censor posts in this manner when the comments have already been quoted off-Xenforo. Doing so just makes them look very petty. It also reflects badly on the new moderators. It's creepy and makes the community distrust them. It undermines any motivation to post there, what's the point?

I said it earlier, this is all smoke and mirrors. I feel very sorry for those naive people rushing to buy extra licences to "support" Xenforo. What we actually need is some tangible signs of activity and progress from Kier and Mike.

19. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

It also might piss off Brogan to the point he starts really giving details, and maybe in a place Zenforo cant control, like here or vB.

20. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

vB wouldn't want that, they don't allow drama from other boards to spill onto there, and anyway I very much doubt brogan would see vB as a suitable place to post it.

If he was going to do that, I reckon he'd do it here or another Admin site. But I'm not sure that he will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.