Is there anything wonderful in vB 4?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by KearaO, Oct 27, 2009.

1. KearaO

KearaO Novice

Chani, Michael, Abomination, kevin, p4guru, cheat-master30, Aquanox --

Thank you very much for all your replies. I learned a good deal from them, and they helped me frame my thoughts and reach a decision.

2. KearaO

KearaO Novice

Wayne,

I really am profoundly grateful for your reply. Until I read your words, I had very little sense of how vB 4 might materially differ from vB 3. It's probably hard for people with your level of expertise to realize how clueless someone like myself can be, but how much we might wish to learn and understand.

Several times during this past week I've gone through all the preliminary steps but then halted at the last "Pay now" stage because of my bad feeling about the way the company has handled things in the last month. Your reply here caused me to go forward with my payment within twenty minutes of reading it.

That said, I do hope that the company (i.e., IB, not you) will learn some massive lessons from the extraordinary mess it needlessly created in recent weeks. For me, and probably for many people, my purchase was not a vote of confidence so much as it was an expression of wary hope. If our hope turns out to have been misplaced, I have every confidence that the next melt-down will be still worse.

3. mncahill

mncahill Newcomer

First Name:
    Mark
    No more TABLES!

I spend a large part of my work week messing with vBulletin themes. The tables, the un-id'd divs, all make it a nightmare.

The new vBulletin we can actually style more than just changing the color of .tcat and .tborder.

If they change nothing else, this is still a worthy effort.