How much have you made in the past 7 days from AdSense?

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by Nick, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

Geneally about $200 a week, sometimes more if we get busy.

2. mikesharp

mikesharp Newcomer

First Name:
    Mike
    my last 7 days shows $14.46 !

not huge but hey ho!

3. kev

kev Regular Member

Because of the content on my site, I can not put adsense on my main forum. Google does not want adsense banners on sites that promote the sale of weapons, knives, mace - pepper spray, or any other kind of weapon.

I had adsense banners on my site at one time. But the google bot detected a thread asking where someone could buy ammo for his AK-47. The adsense team sent me an email saying to either take the content off my site, or take the banners down. So I took the banners down.

So I use adsense on my blog where I can control the content. And no weapons or firearms related post are on that site.

2 people like this.
  4. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Last 7 days: $2.50

That's higher than the last time I checked. :) I plan to introduce a new advertisement in the header area (for guests only) so I hope that will help.

5. Ryan

Ryan Regular Member

Last 7 days.

£1.16

6. Dan

Dan Future Proof

First Name:
    Dan
    I'd rather not say. But I've used adsense for several years now and it's always always increased each month other than this year which it's jumping around a lot (and down too much IMO). Probably Google taking a bigger cut after failing to impress share-holders with profits at the last annual. I'm sure it'll come back.

I have had it heavy on lots of my websites for some time, and have got pretty okay at optimising all the ads on the websites to increase CTR (and reddies [money]).

Though I don't want to sound greedy here. 90% of my websites provide free services to its users, where similar websites charge. It costs a lot to run them, and the Adsense doesn't quite cover it all.

To help increase your CTR (if you're going down that route) checkout a few of the 'tips' on loads of blogs and forums by doing a quick Gearch (Google Search? lol - Let's see if we can get that stick), something like 'optimise adsense' would suffice for a good read.

7. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I find I'm getting really variable results this month. Some days I see a good amount, other days just a few dollars.

8. Dan

Dan Future Proof

First Name:
    Dan
    Try to get your CTR around 5% and track each ad slot individually. If one ad gets more than 5% you want to make the ad-block larger. If it gets less than 5% make the ad-block smaller.

Usually with a normal website you'd be working on 10 - 15% CTR before making the ad-block bigger. With a forum however, even when optimising the whole thing so your regulars don't see adsense, you'll not reach much more than 4-5% I have found.

Most of my ad-blocks with the smallest ad side (so one ad) and in-post content, will get around 3%. My big ads at the top of tilersforums which is shown to guests only will get around 8% (And I can't make them bigger! lol).

Have a play and see what you find.

9. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Wow Dan, my CTR isn't even close to 5%; I must be doing something wrong.

10. Graeme

Graeme Newcomer

First Name:
    Graeme
    £11.08

but £7.80 was earned in one day :confused:

11. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

Is that PageCTR ?

Mine are about 0.3% ........

12. Ohn03s

Ohn03s Novice

Made last week. Still testing out the least frustration and most benefitable setup and I guess I found it :)
    €7.75

Most from the top banner and from misclicks though. However there is one random idiot that literaly spams the adds. No idea who it is though...

Made thoday 0,20 from 1 clicky. However my vbulletin board is currently a private board so I don't care about lower proffits. However I wish to set a public sister-board up to in the future :)

13. Michael

Michael Regular Member

About £3 but im not surprised when the ads are mainly irrelevant life insurance ads on a teen based site.

14. oldlock

oldlock Newcomer

I found that somehow a useless ad for a dating site was coming up a lot on my site with a resulting drop in income from adsense. Once the site was blocked on my adsense account the revenue increased again. Just goes to show it's well worth checking periodically to see just what ads are being displayed .....

15. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I had this ad appearing very often as well. I actually never looked to see if my earnings increased after I blocked it, but I did indeed block it because it is highly irrelevant.

16. Ryan

Ryan Regular Member

I swear it seems to alter every time I look... in the last 7 days I have made £13.07

17. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Last 7 days has brought in a little over $50.

By the way, how do you block certain ads from appearing on your Adsense? I had that dating one too and noticed a down turn in the revenue for a few days there.

18. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Zero this week as we dont have any adsense up.

19. oldlock

oldlock Newcomer

It's in the competitive ad filter under adsense setup (this is on the adsense site of course)

20. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Had my best day ever at a little over $16 for the day yesterday and also been averaging over $11 per day in the last 7 days! :jacks:

Looks like I'm going to have my best month ever too! :sweet: