Help Raise $ for Haiti relief

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by Peggy, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Here is another site, they said the $ will get there much faster using this method:
    Hosting For Haiti

It was put up by several webhosting companies working together.

2. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Here's something that will make me unpopular - I won't be donating to any.

In most cases the majority of the money does not find its way to those who need it. It is used to fund the the outrageous salaries and company cars of charity directors, not to mention the plush offices they all have. Or it is handed over to the governments of these countries who spend it on arms to oppress their citizens.

Those in the UK can prove this by looking in "The Guardian" newspaper's job pages, and there you'll see the excessive salaries offered by charities for senior roles. I'm sure other countries will have similar newspapers.

Go on, flame away, I am used to it.

3. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

No flaming. But I can tell you for certain that you are wrong if you think that's what the Red Cross does. I know from experience.

4. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

You donate to the organization that you feel works for you. Find out by researching them, talking to them, etc. Find out how, what, where, when, and so forth your funds will be used.

People will always have suggested places they donate to, but it's really what you'd like.

@Mark -- Start your own thread. I realize cynics have their place, but stick to the topic....which is to HELP Raise % for Haiti Relief, as opposed to "Donating to any organization for Human Causes or other is Futile".

Peggy is absolutely right with the Red Cross and so many other orgs.