Have you ever had to open a support ticket over at vB.com?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Soliloquy, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

Time fluctuates a lot and depends on who is working at the time. All full-time support people are in the United States and work U.S. hours because that is when the load is heaviest. Its also when you'll find the shortest response times. Support's required turnaround time is 24 hours. Obviously its often much faster.

2. Svoboda

Svoboda Adept

Don't believe I've ever had to open one.

3. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

About 60% of Jelsoft customers have never opened a support ticket. Of the ones that do, most do so within the first 60 days after purchase. On the other hand, some customers send in 20-30 support tickets a week.

4. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Wow, Wayne. :speechless:

5. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

In many cases their problems could probably be solved with the support forum and the application of the search feature...

6. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

My support tickets are responded to within 10 minutes on the average, I'm in California though.

Really handy thing to have for issues you really don't want to talk about in public such as license numbers.

7. Peacelily

Peacelily Adept

Our forum was hacked and we opened a support ticket for assistance.

The response from Wayne :hello: over there was crazy good.

I could not be happier with vBulletin if I tried.

8. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Another positive review for the vB support team. :) (Welcome PeaceLily!)

9. Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook Regular Member

I actually have a ticket opened now. :p

I don't use it that often, though, I know the software way too well for my own good. This time though, I was baffled.

10. torque

torque Regular Member

I have opened a couple, my most important one came like two days ago - my website was hacked - the person also hacked my msn, facebook, planetdomain and vbulletin accounts and after spending a whole day getting my domain pointing to my website again i realised he had opened a support issue with vbulletin asking for the email address and stuff to be changed, and provided details copied and pasted from an earlier support ticket when i was transferring a license.

It took alot of support ticket messages to the vb.com crew (off course using the sensitive data section so he couldn't see what i was writing) to try and point out the language used when typing was different - he was typing like he was typing from a mobile phone all short words etc while I 99.99999% of the time type full words apart from lol.

But Wayne and Steve shut him up when they asked for government issued identification to process the transfer.

I am glad they did this otherwise I would be kissing almost 3 years of hard work setting up my website goodbye.

11. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Yikes, merk_aus, what an awful experience that must have been. Good thing they were able to handle it for you!

12. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I have always found vbulletin support to be absolutey 100% spot on, on the rare occasions I have needed it. Both in the forums and via the ticket system.

13. drumming207

drumming207 Adept

I just opened a support ticket tonight and VB replied ASAP with an answer! :D

14. torque

torque Regular Member

Yes I am about to send Wayne my government issued Identification mainly so he can print it out and put it in a frame on his computer desk - :D But no seriously thanks to Wayne and Steve I haven't lost 3 years of work in setting up my sports network - and I will forever be greatful to them for it.