Got Banned from vBulletin.COM today

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by SatGuyScott, Mar 21, 2013.

1. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    Well this thread took a turn... I haven't been checking in in a while because I see no point wasting my time explaining things to people who refuse to accept the truth.

The only thing I ever knew about the carlos guy is he posted some pics from ForumCon so I followed him on twitter for a while. Then it was obvious he was into video games which in general I am not, so I stopped following him because there was nothing of interest being posted.

Now I see him on this forum. Within 6 sentences of his post I have dismissed him as Grade D garbage. If he ever expects my respect or even attention again he will need to work hard to get something witty into the first couple sentences because that is all the time I will ever give another one of his posts again.

For everyone else- you don't have to like it, but I was telling you the way it was. We (General support staff) are not expected to provide ForumRunner support for the ForumRunner product. IB owns vBulletin but vBulletin does not own ForumRunner. If you guys become CEO of a huge internet company and you want to cross train your support staff to support all the products of the parent company, more power to you- but until you do it isn't your decision.

The way to change things is to make good, well thought out, arguments in Licensed Customer Feedback or writing an email to management directly. Coming on the vBulletin forum and re-posting the same thing you were told not to, or otherwise being difficult about it is only going to get you banned or ignored. You can act like an adult or act like a child, but expect to be treated how you act.

fattony69 likes this.
  2. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

Yea, I ignore Carlos on every forum we both visit. It's like talking to a child.

Brandon, Iconic, fattony69 and 2 others like this.
  3. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

Hahahahaha..... What truth? That your company can't appease customers? That's the case, kiddo. This has never been about "accepting" the truth. I'd tell you to read the whole thing but hey, you just said that you don't want to waste your time listening to your former customer. (Which I AM. If you hadn't gotten that into your [****][****][****][****]ing head!)

I have 5 xenForo licenses, and I am willing to pay for more. If IB were careful with the vBulletin acquisition 5 years ago, and well into the vB4 launch, I would have gotten at least 4 licenses and KEEP them. But you know what? Not only did your company [****][****][****][****] it up on vB acquisition itself, then vB4 launch, you go right ahead and do more [****][****][****][****] ups with... vB5. As if, AS IF... All of this exodus of - droves of - masses of customers leaving DID. NOT. TEACH. YOU. ANYTHING.

Then your company, like a [****][****][****][****]ing 5 year old crybaby goes and sue a NEWLY created company for providing a superior service? That's Grade F shit, there, chief!
    Boohoo. I don't just tweet video game stuff. As evidenced with the ForumCon images/threads. I post stuff about wrestling (casual fan), and movies.
    Newsflash: I don't care. I'm a smart guy, but you calling my post "Grade D garbage" isn't going to put me at ease. In fact, it makes me even more agressive against you, and your company. Because this is exactly the kind of attitude that your entire company has. I'm very influential, I don't need your [****][****][****][****]ing help. I don't need your "oh, I know this guy, but he makes Grade D posts" bullshit. My swearing is part of my entire "edge." People respond to my posts and cheer me on. I have some people like you, and your posse of friends (fattony, AWS, and bama) but by the end of the day, I come out unscathed. Feed my controversy, fool.

Intelligence + Edge = Killer combination.
    And you can see exactly why IB is hated by your customers and those "old timers" that left? They left because of this exact mindset. Wrong way to go about it, fool. Read my posts again and see why. I laid out the reason why at least once or twice.
    And as for you....
    I'm not a child. Don't you dare talk shit 'bout me behind my back. I came to your forum in support, but I now know exactly what kind of [****][****][****][****][****][****][****] you are now.

4. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
  5. SatGuyScott

SatGuyScott Regular Member

Then why is there a ForumRunner support forum on vb.com?

Wayne Luke PMed me and told me that the new ForumRunner forum is because ForumRunner is included with vb5.

Hey Wayne, ForumRunner is also included with vBulletin 4.2 as well!

Support your product!

6. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    That is a new forum, it didn't exist when this original topic was created, I wouldn't even know it existed aside from being pointed out here. Not sure who will check it, won't be me. Will have to wait and see what comes of it.

7. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

Why are you grinning for?

*looks at everyone* Why is he grinning?

I'd be embarrassed if I were you, Joe. Thing is, you have not shown any hospitality to your current, or former customers. That's bad PR, man. You and your company keep hurting yourself more and more. This thread is pure proof that you not only - don't give a shit about your customer, and you honestly, honestly do not care if you lose their business. You also do not care about the user "experience" at vBulletin (and related subsidiaries). This thread alone shows everyone else just how badly managed your entire vBSI is. I mean, if I were in your shoes, I would have said "Hi, OP, I'm sorry that the staff has treated you this way, what can I do to get your forgiveness?" And I would have gone to the appropriate department and took care of the problem myself.

8. SatGuyScott

SatGuyScott Regular Member

That new forum was added 2 days after I got banned.

Honestly whats the difference between it being included with vbulletin 5 and vbulletin 4? From where I sit there is none.

I just got my invoice for my Branded Forum Runner app and I am not sure if I am going to renew it yet. Forumrunner (the product) and the support for it have gone way down hill since IB took it over.

Carlos likes this.
  9. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I don't get that at all from Joes post :confused:
    He's answering questions, he isn't attacking anyone that I've seen?

Is support given for one version and not the other?

10. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

@Brandon, man... you don't need to defend Joe. All he's been doing to the OP is making excuses for the action of the staff member that banned the OP.

He doesn't have to attack anyone, it's just that IB doesn't really give two limey shits about it's customers. This thread just shows that they don't care about making it easy for the end-customer. In fact, this one post's a perfect point:
    And I love how he responded here...
    EXCELLENT! Way to go. :thumbsup:
    Good decision! :)

To Joe: The above post goes to show that having bad support will just ruin customer's inclination to renew. You lost a customer because your customer wanted a perfectly good answer to a question that's easily answered, forgotten, and everyone moves on happily. He persisted on your forum because it's an easy thing to answer on a forum that's heavily supported by the parent company (IB).

11. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I wasn't trying to defend anyone, I was commenting in regards to this thread. ;)

12. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    Brandon doesn't need to defend me because no defense is necessary. No valid issue has been raised by anyone with standing to do so. Carlos can only curse and cry, and the OP was answered early on, it isn't a discussion, it was a statement of fact.

fattony69 and Brandon like this.
  13. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

Wow. You continue to ignore what your customers are saying. You're telling me, that the OP's issue isn't really an issue? :facepalm:
    Keep the attitude up, keep your sarcasm going. If I were your boss, and I saw you insulting your (IB's) customer or former customer like that. I'd fire you right then and there. You think, that of all that you've said, his (the OP) question was answered? No. It wasn't, you made some excuses, and then condemned his actions at vBulletin. And then, when all said and done. Your staff goes and creates a new forum and then you have the audacity ...the balls... to say "We have a support forum for Forum Runner" as if it's been there since you (IB) bought ForumRunner. You know what the OP rebutted you with? This:
    Sorry to bust your bubble, man... but: You got your ass handed to you right there.