Development stopped until the trial is over?

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by lord_stone, Sep 19, 2012.

1. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Funny really, that ADMIN seems to have a writing style similar to me reading how they wrote that post. But it ain't me, and agree it isn't Shelley either. You can spot Shelley a mile away because she doesn't use commas and writes dead long lines of text. Doesn't look like Lisa neither.

Why, who you thinking it might be when saying another forum admin owner? It's not Brandon Sheley I'd have said, if that's who you're thinking. Lisa may well have done what your saying, she's bought another large site very recently I gather, so who knows? She may have traded AX in as part of the deal?

2. CallieJo

CallieJo Regular Member

First Name:
    CallieJo
    And that's exactly why I have been keeping my comments here. It's an admin site where people have different point of views and are "allowed" to speak freely of their likes and dislikes of "any" forum platform. The admin (AWS) speaks his mind freely and allows you to do the same. He doesn't feed off from ass kissers and/or internet followers/fake-friends/stalkers like other admin forum owners do. Not directed toward any site in particular. It's a forum thing that's been obvious for years on many different forums.

Many have "claimed" that they will leave the forum world if there is no XF. Highly doubtful they all will!

2 people like this.
  3. GTB

GTB Regular Member

It's true, and it's been going on for a long time. They ignore this forum on purpose, they also make a point of doing same with mine. Remember before when me and Mark first posting here in those early XF threads started, a few from AX jumped in trying to get me banned. Didn't I say then, if you banned me they'd be gone for dust right afterwards posting nothing here anymore. Job done, bye! They haven't posted here since to prove my point after they didn't get their own way with you against me - trying to use their old friendship as leverage. They wasn't posting here before they came then, only came trying to get me banned. They failed and have not posting here since.

There's a big click with many of them, they stick together and will only use a select very few forums. Do what they want for me though, I gave over bothering a long time ago about trying to get people joining my site now. In fact, membership has been turned off at times because I can't be bothered anymore, they can post as guests instead.

4. Rimi

Rimi Regular Member

You know why admin forums all suck? Because they have rules and admins.

3 people like this.
  5. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Forums and their owners have been the same way for 15+ years I've used them. The vast majority are more interested in the power being an ADMIN gives them over members. You can spot those types a mile away, when they start waffling on about how they'd ban a member right away for this and that, how they don't allow this and have a massive page of dictatorship rules. Most are just power-mongers trying to get respect from other people using a forum "Admin Title".

Anybody can run a forum and be an ADMIN of one, even a free one, that's hosted free costing them nothing.

6. David

David Regular Member

My guess is its The Sandman. Just a guess, based off purely speculative reasons. But it seems im only banned on forums he has a hand in. Every other admin forum Im a member of and this issue is known at doesn't seem to really care what was done.

Plus the fact Xenforosucks is now a censored word at AdEx is astounding, but not really surprising given how that site has turned out.

2 people like this.
  7. GTB

GTB Regular Member

If you're correct and Sandman is the new owner, guess we'll see ads appearig their soon. A lot are used on TAZ and can't see AX being any different if correct about new owership. Lisa did reply to me saying she didn't ban you, as though another did. So make of that what you will?

8. David

David Regular Member

I dont know if he is the new owner or not, or if Lisa even ever sold it. It's just a guess at whos hiding behind "Admin" because you can see the banning didn't exactly sit well with some members.

9. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Woo wee, I'm gone for a few days, painting bedrooms, and working/sleeping... and things get interesting again.

Ok I've read through all the posts, but still get the feeling I'm missing something.
    Fill me in!

10. David

David Regular Member

People had their feelings hurt because i sent some info to the lawyers at IB. The fanboys of XenForo are absolutely pissed that this has happened, despite the fact it doesn't appear to affect them.

Which has lead to bans at AdminExtra and The Admin Zone.

Other than that, just normal as ever.

11. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

david david david.

I'm really not surprised they banned you. IMO, that was a pretty dirty thing to do.
    But I feel the same way about Matt and Kier, sooooooooooo...

12. David

David Regular Member

Hey I won't disagree that it was/wasn't a dick move. Its never going to be the popular decision and im okay with that.

13. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Glad to know that you admit it was a "dick" move.. Moreever, as I said on AdEx, dirty, underhanded and pathetic.
    Having said my piece, moving on....................

2 people like this.
  14. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    David we know now that Lisa didn't ban you.

Peggy sometimes real life ups and takes a chunk of time away and we just can't get it back.

2 people like this.
  15. David

David Regular Member

yeah i never thought she did, I always thought it was that nameless admin myself, but its always good for solid clarification.

16. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

I think its possible, even likely that matt didnt want David to keep it a secret. Why else would Matt have that conversation with David?

Matt either knew, or should have known, there was a good likelyhood that David would release the info.

2 people like this.
  17. David

David Regular Member

Oh there is no doubt he didn't want to keep it a secret. Read the convo I didn't ask for any info until the 17th, he was just Oh hey yea btw kier said he'd get out of his NDA with this.

Very non-chalant and as matter of fact about it.

18. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I'm extremely disappointed in him too. But the blame again lies with Kier. He was just stupid for confiding in anyone outside his team.
    It seems he's on a road to self-destruct, of his own making.

19. David

David Regular Member

Well at least im not the only person who has the ability of rational thinking.

20. GTB

GTB Regular Member

None of them are whiter than white, Matt shared information that was supposed to have been private between himself and Kier. But then he's told Matt stuff that makes him look like a liar to XF customers. So... they're all at fault really in one way or another. Never bought that Kier was "Mr.Innocent" anyway who did nothing at all wrong, so none of this surprises me really. Sad though to see Matt stoop this low on behalf of IPS gaining from it.

But then... dog eat dog isn't it. Kier wasn't thinking of IPS lost sales when he created XenForo, more like taking their sales. So why should Matt really give two hoots about XF? Fact is, this happens in the real world to get the money! Think also it's worth asking yourself, if you was creating forum software and XenForo was a threat to your sales made, what would you have done with same information which could be used to put a dent in the armour of your main competitor? Would you have used it?

3 people like this.