Development stopped until the trial is over?

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by lord_stone, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I was a bit taken aback by AnthonyCEA's vehemence when he attacked me on XFSucks, as we've always gotten along for the mostpart. But I figured eh, to each his own.

But you're saying that it was really david_ who attacked me??

wow...

2. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I spotted the above in email, you must have removed it later from your post.

I'm guessing what might confuse you, comments on my site use a "TITLE" for each one taken from first few words used in comment itself, Rather than not doing that and only showing comments without titles displayed. I can't see how anything else would confuse you other than that, It's no different from WordPress in how is displays comments, but takes 1 minute to get used to in drupal.

As for other things you mention, not interested. Don't bother wasting your time with double ??

2 people like this.
  3. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Was there some new development in the lawsuit I missed?

4. ENF

ENF Regular Member

Not really. Just the expected rebuttal to XF's dismissal motion.

There was also confirmed talks of settlement, but it seems the offer from IB was rejected by XF.

Next court date is still 11/5/2012.

New documents can be seen in the XF update thread starting from post #4532 (I can't post links here)

5. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I removed that part cuz I did figure it out, ha.
    Not interested in what?

6. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    If there were settlement talks then you can be sure they will continue. Could be the reason why IB hasn't responded to anything lately. The talks might going on in earnest and maybe both parties want to end it.

7. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Kier did say in his reply on XenForo this "in that instance", to not accepting to current offer made. That in itself tells you they are still open to solving things out of court.

8. David

David Regular Member

Apparently the faith in this entire court case is no on unstable ground. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  9. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    That happened a couple months ago. Only the staunchest fanboys believe differently and are deluding themselves thinking zen has a chance.

10. Webmist

Webmist Champion

First Name:
    Jen
    In essence what has happened is the head has gotten chopped off the company and chaos is reigning. Not a good idea in any equation.

We still don't know what the settlement entails or what's been offered. In my opinion personal problems always lead to bad business decisions, so with no 'official' word or work going on we'll see on Nov 5th.

I wonder when that date comes and goes with 'no official word' on the future of xenforo out in the open, what excuses will be used then. Because that's all I seem to hear is excuses and no hard facts. Which should come from the people in charge of the company.

2 people like this.
  11. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    When the date comes and goes it will more than likely mean settlement talks are on going and the judge decided to let them work it out.

I find it odd that when talk of the settlement first came out all the fanboys posted like xenforo was going get paid a lot of money. They are sure delusional thinking that.

12. David

David Regular Member

Wonder if I'll get unbanned from AdEx and TAZ when the dust settles lol.

13. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I doubt it David. Unless Sandy decides to unban you first. Once that happens then be sure Lisa will follow suit and unban you.

In all honesty you were swimming with the sharks. AdX has turned into a xenforo fanboy base camp and TAZ has always been run by a dictator.

I have not said anything, but, I had my posts edited at AdX a few weeks ago. When I confronted Lisa in PM she said what I posted was inappropriate and to keep personal insults out of it. Problem was I was insulted first and my post was in direct reply to that person. My post was removed and the other left to stay. When I asked about that I got the excuse that she was busy and forgot to edit the other post. Next day the other post was edited, but, the only thing done was the comment directed to me was toned down a bit.

So you see if you're not a xenforo fanboy then you're only option to post on an unbiased Admin community is to post here. We take no sides and choose not to edit or remove any content that disagrees with our point of view.

2 people like this.
  14. David

David Regular Member

And thats why this place is one of the few admin sites worth visiting. I know I wont have to worry about what I say some place else to be used for moderation here.

2 people like this.
  15. David

David Regular Member

and just for the record when it comes to this whole Matt mecham giving details stuff: Yep, he contacted me with that info, and gave it to me. I never asked for it, I never said anything you say to me remains in this conversation only or anything. (View video of conversation below) Shit, I never even talked to the guy before October 5th unless it was for support/suggestions to IPB. It wasn't until the 17th of October that I asked if he wanted to divulge anything else and remain anonymous. Which he declined to give proper details and that was fine, and you don't see that included in the logs to IB lawyers because I said I wouldn't send it.

Really it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the entire motive was to get that information out in the public. Just go read it, he willingly and nonchalantly brings up "Oh and kier figured he could get out of his NDA based on a typo...". Equally amusing is when the initial content of those messages were released here: http://xenforosucks....nforo-vb4-been/ as an anonymous source mostly everyone thought they were made up. (someone even said it was a made up Skype convo, and another said I created a fake Matt Mecham profile and I had it with myself...)

Now they've been proven to be real, so they have to find another way to discredit the entire thing. Just for the record, I never told Matt anything he said would remain anonymous (until October 17th) in that initial dialogue, and Im 99% sure he knew it wouldn't. Where as other sources of information asked for anonymity and were granted it. Which is odd, because another one was from AdEx, yet they to have chosen to remain silent for this exact reason. The admin community as a whole would exile them.

But hey, sheep won't be able to see that with blinders on anyway. And if they do, they'll just deny it, say it was out of context, and then start a smear campaign of some sort. That's fine, because I've got screenshots of just about everything that's ever been sent in.

For those of you who haven't seen the messages: http://xenforosucks....ideo-screen.htm

Video screen capture of it all. Enjoy.

16. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Just wondering who is posting with the Admin username at AdX. It doesn't look to be Lisa or Brad. The posting style is totally different. Doesn't seem to be Shelley either. She has a tendency to misspell and not form sentences very well. It does look similar to an admin of another admin forum. Maybe AdX has or is in the process of switching hands?

Just seems funny all of a sudden that login became active and seems to be online all the time now. That is the MO of said unnamed admin from another admn forum.

2 people like this.
  17. David

David Regular Member

No clue, I was wondering that myself. I thought it nice that the ban couldn't even come from one of the faces of the forum, it came from the anonymous admin. (Which should speak volumes about it to begin with). Plus now the thread is starting to fill with misinformation and insults. I really always thought better of that place.

18. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    In the end you and what Matt said will be proven right. There never was any doubt in my mind that Kier used the concepts and ideas created while he was at vbulletin in xenforo. In the end the truth will come out.

I seem to remember those comments being posted on Twitter by Kier himself in a conversation with Matt. I know I read them before they showed up in the court docs.

In the thread on AdX someone made a comment how Matt and Kier are great coders and one always try to one up the other. Matt is a coder and I consider him one of the best along with Rick formerly of UBBThreads. Kier only can wish he could be that elite. If anything Kier is jealous of Matt since he can create and Kier can't without the help of others.

3 people like this.
  19. David

David Regular Member

Here is a good old read where people are saying that XF looks like vBulletin

http://www.vbulletin...ghlight=xenforo

Even vijayninel says "I agree it does resemble vB in some ways, which is infact very good..." amazing how that tune has changed while the visual appearance hasn't.

And here the same person says: "Do you realise, this is what vB4 would have been like if Kier had had his way and been allowed a free hand..."

amazing you can also see in that thread the people attacking members who didn't like it then, are the same ones attacking XFSucks.

20. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Of course it's the same people. They are the same people that worshiped Kier while he was at vbulletin. They are also the same people posting on AdX and TAZ and just about all the rest of the admin communities except here. There is a reason why they will not post here. I will not back down from them and they can't take it when someone puts them in their place. I also will not kowtow to anyone's wishes unlike some of the other admin communities. You see I have a backbone and a mind of my own. I also am not adverse to beating down fanboys that can't see the forest through the trees.

The time will come when xenforo is either owned by IB or gone forever. Those same group of people will move on to another forum product and will act the same. If it happens to IPB I have no doubt that Charles will not put up with the garbage and do as Wayne did at vbulletin and slap them down. They do not react well when they are put in their place. They cower in the corner like cowards.

3 people like this.