Development stopped until the trial is over?

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by lord_stone, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Terry

Terry Regular Member

I am currently using vB4 but will not be going any further than this.. So while Development is suspended i will not be buying in at XEN ...

2. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Think a lot of people are confused right now "what to do next". Many don't see IPB as an alternative because they're old vBulletin users who don't really like it, why they used vBulletin for years. Many are very wary about investing further in XenForo and vBulletin 5 is a total disaster. Where do forum owners turn to now in that position?

I've read a few XenForo users saying - if that goes under, that they are stopping running a forum altogether because they just can't see another alternative for using they're interested in anymore. In a way I'm glad I got out the commercial forum scene, which was because I'd become sick of the bloat in it. Opting to use a free light-weight board instead. If I hadn't of done, I'd very much be in the same mind-frame as them - no idea what to do next?

Right now it's a very bad time for people using commercial forum software, unless you're a big fan of using IPB that is? If you are problem solved, but many are not though.

3. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

Whats wrong with waiting and doing nothing? I am just now getting around to upgrading my forums to 4.2 from 3.87. I have no problem staying on 4.2 for 2 years or so while seeing what develops. If your on Xenforo and like it, just sit tight and see what happens.

4 people like this.
  4. ENF

ENF Regular Member

Really, this is the best option - just stay put. The only risk I can see coming about is if you are running an ancient version of vb3.x series that probably won't get any security updates, if a vulnerability is found. vb4.2 - is stable and will get fixes, we also know that more updates are coming. In my situation, the largest sites I've got are still on vb3.8.x and that's where they'll stay for now. I may move one of them to 4.2.1 - depending how it turns out when finally released. In other realms, we started a project with IPB.

From a planning perspective, I'll wait until mid-2013 to see where XF and vB lands with their respective software.

5. David

David Regular Member

6. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

Thats awsome???

2 people like this.
  7. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I can pretty much see what's happening with xenforo and it ain't all about the lawsuit. Kier is left up river without a paddle. Mike the coder has obviously left. Kier is not a coder, at least not a very good one and can't keep development going with his limited skills. Because of his huge ego he could never hire someone to continue development. He figures that would signal defeat and his worshipers wouldn't look so fondly at him any longer. Instead he chooses to let xenforo lay dormant hoping Mike will come back.

In the meantime the clueless continue to pump money into a dead project and the staff continue to say everything is all roses and wine when in fact it isn't.

3 people like this.
  8. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Wondered the same thing myself. Or david, were you just being facetious?

9. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Looks to me like Kier is waiting for something to happen. My view is they have settled with IB and you'll hear about it in the next few weeks, or on the 5th November. That leaves IB a 2 month period to sell vB5 at the busiest time of the spending year "Xmas" with XenForo out the way. There's only Kier showing online, Ashley and Mike are long gone. Get the impression Kier chose now to show online knowing things are coming to a close, bit of nostalgia setting in, or even showing his face hoping it might boost sales a little to pocket more money before closing.

Also think it was a little coincidental that Kier decided to show his face on forums when that new court document got posted about the 5th Nov.

At first when posted about the 5th Nov court date, like others thought it meant they must not have sold out. But thinking more about it, looking at how things are on XF still. No change with anything, even though Kier is showing online and could be saying something (but isn't doing) to try and boost moral and keep people interested in the product, Mike and Ashley not showing online with him since coming back. For me he already knows there isn't going to be a win for XenForo on the 5th Nov, the verdicts already in and why Mike and Ashley are nowhere to be seen.

10. Lizard King

Lizard King Regular Member

If there was any ongoing bets , i would place my money on this :)

11. Sunsettommy

Sunsettommy Adept

What is awesome about it? since all I see is a suggestion of banning malicious IP address.

12. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Klaas over xenforo sent this PM.

Title of the PM was People like you. Here is the content.

Obviously for those that have followed some of the post by Klaas know that he is bootlicker and Kier fanboy number 1. My reply to him was simple. I told him to f-off and get a life. It truly must suck for him to go through life as a follower.

For the record I stand by what I said. Kier can not code at the level needed to sustain software such as xenforo. He is a graphics design guy and has limited coding skills. He feeds off the glory of others who choose to remain in the background and takes credit for their work.

Once clueless Klaas and the rest of the Kier bootlickers realize this the better off they will be.

13. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Think he may have posted this reply on XenForoSucks as well.

14. Mike

Mike Adept

First Name:
    Mike
    Bob, have you ever noticed an individual's level of intelligence is always directly related to the individual's use of expletives and invective? And this individual proves the point. All we can do is hope his ability to communicate improves, when he reaches puberty. ;)

I could almost hear his cheerleader's pom-poms rustling, as he typed, "...when XF recovers..." Like anyone is still holding their breath?!?

2 people like this.
  15. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Yes Mike that is so true, Then again some people never grow up.

16. David

David Regular Member

Well, that's one classy fellow that Klaas is.

2 people like this.
  17. David

David Regular Member

Don't forget where you first heard rumors of a settlement talks at a full 3 weeks before they became public knowledge.

Recent court filings in PACER spell trouble for XenForo.

18. GTB

GTB Regular Member

David, your sites only been on-line 3 weeks. Me and Mark.B was saying this here many months ago dude, do a search!

I don't wanna spoil your hour of internet fame and all, but....

19. David

David Regular Member

Okay, okay, I suppose I'll let you elicit a response out of me since thats the whole point in switching your site to a XF bashing site also. Even though you said you're done giving them your time. (see screenshot at the end)

The first post on the site was in July 16th, so that's closer to 3 months to the day, than 3 weeks. The article in question is about 3 weeks old, which I suppose you meant to refer to, even though you clearly said "site" and not "article".

Google cache of the first article published July 16th, 2012: http://webcache.goog...oUggJ:xenfor...

But hey not like it matters, you dismissed it as 100% false numerous times. Just wondering why your posting as AnthonyCea on your own site even thought you supposedly hate the guy? Kinda like you did on XF sucks too.
    http://i48.tinypic.com/2z3yw0m.png

I'm searching for where you said they'll sell out to IB but I can't find it. Do you have a link handy?

20. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Read my reply to you here David about "Anthony Cea" (your alter ego) used to spam my forum with before, and you used on your XenForoSuck blog to slag Shelley and Peggy off with recently: http://community-for...e/86#comment-82

*chuckles*

You really are a piece of work, I'll give you that. Not very clever with it though.