Dealing with arguing between members

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by Michael, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Plumbing007

Plumbing007 Regular Member

First Name:
    Plumbing
    Awesome nice post.Thanks for sharing with us.

2. AF_ShadyX

AF_ShadyX Regular Member

We do get people arguing now and again but the majority know better as they are forum owners themselves, When it does happen they will get a warning to stop and the off topic/argument posts will be deleted. If they show similar behaviour in the future they will get an official warning and possible ban depending on how heated the argument was.

3. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

This. I do the same thing because the only ones who can stop the arguements is the users. Let them duke it out. A little drama never hurt any community, and then when its said and done, you lock it done, and focus on adding new threads so people forget about those arguements.

4. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    And that's the best way to go about it. I do the same thing. Let them fight. It's no coincidence that some of the longest threads are ones that have a little drama in them.

5. Sunsettommy

Sunsettommy Adept

Sure,

as long as they are reasonably civil.

6. Creaky

Creaky Regular Member

I would just let them fight it out, as long as it stays within the forum rules.

7. BullsNet

BullsNet Regular Member

First Name:
    Gabe
    I am a teen and my forum is geared towards teens, so it is harder for me to command respect since a lot of these people are the around the same age as I am.

Usually when people argue, I just let them do it...There should be no threatening anyone but i feel like, let them get their bit*** out and we'll move on.

8. soniceffect

soniceffect Regular Member

First Name:
    Marc
    Being a site relating to animals we have a lot of this. I tend to have a philosophy when running my site that I stick to dealing with things on the current set of rules on the site. If people cross the rules they are warned accordingly without exception. One of my rules being the insulting of others and another being constuctive posts only. If people start with comments like "Personally I think your just being a moron" they will get told about it instantly both via message and via the post itself. If the topic does not calm after a staff response it is then closed. We also have the rule that a topic can not be started on something that a member of staff has just closed a topic on.