Coffee is...

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by Chris, Sep 6, 2009.

1. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

3 dollars? Where the hell you live? That is cheap as hell. 5$ here. :P

Umm, truthfully, Nutella is healthy if eaten right and in moderation. My mother eats it, she is a type 2 diabetic and my grandmother does also, type 1, and they both eat it. My mom can go over board because she eats them little suckers too much.

^^ Many people do really enjoy Nutella, some mothers think[and their right] that making their kids a Nutella sandwich, moderately of course, it's healthy. It's just about knowing when to stop eating the deliciousness.

2. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

A serving of Nutella (2 tbsp) has 22 grams of sugar in it. 7% of the recommended daily value. I'll keep my Peanut Butter. It has 1 gram of sugar per same sized serving. The ingredients are Peanuts and Salt. Probably get the unsalted version next time. I prefer to get sugar from eating fruit and we don't use white refined sugar in the house.

I actually didn't enjoy it. It was too sweet. I don't even eat milk chocolate because it is too sweet. I prefer dark chocolate which is healthier for you and has a lot less sugar. Usually eat 75 to 80% dark chocolate. Oh well, live and learn.

Now dark chocolate melted into a nice hot cup of coffee with some cream and Kahlua. Drink of the Aztec gods I tell you. Divine.

3. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

There are rumors of Nutella Dark Chocolate in production. :D I'l be keeping an eye out for that.

4. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I can confirm this.

Absolutely awesome!

5. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Coffee can be the liquid given to us by the gods of the universe, or it can taste like complete crap (see Coffee Bean).

6. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

LOL - I do agree.

Coffee is... ESSENTIAL!

7. Chris

Chris Regular Member

You're spot-on, Boss. I had a horrible cup of coffee recently (from a new coffee shop) and it was absolutely horrendous. The taste of that particular brew can be compared to a bottle of water with a hint of mocha-like flavoring.

It was that bad.

8. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Where at? Was it a chain?

I personally buy Starbucks beans when I go in. I buy them in bulk so I get a nice discount from the manager.

I use the beans in various ways. My wife dips them in dark chocolate during the holidays, I grind them for coffee when needed, or I grind them into a fine powder for Turkish coffee.

I personally warm up the beans before grinding in a pan and just move them around so they don't burn. Cold beans give a weird taste to the coffee in the end.

I made a home made mocha the other night, wasn't bad at all tbh.

9. Chris

Chris Regular Member

It is actually a shop located in a surrounding area that was built about a month or so ago. It's a beautiful building and the environment within is very mellow... but don't let that fool you. The coffee (along with their espresso) is absolutely disgusting. To be honest, that's an understatement.

I'm a Starbucks guy as well. Each morning is not complete without my daily Starbucks run (or brew at home... whichever). :D The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is another excellent chain, but unfortunately, there is no franchise in this area.

10. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Tea Leaf? Never heard of it. Starbucks carries a brand of tea called Tazo, incredible things, but at a price. I'm really fond of the sweet orange flavor. It beats the one made by a company whose name I cannot remember, but their boxes are black with a gold colored outline of a tea pot.

I buy my teas by the pound in loose leaf from places like Teavana or some other place.

Mocha is fairly easy to make at home. It's just by the time you're done doing it from scratch you're tired as hell. :lol:

11. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Tazo Tea is absolutely fantastic. I'm quite fond of the Matcha Green Tea Latte with Honeydew Concentrate. Long name... but a delicious flavor. :D I had some earlier this afternoon and found myself sighing (in relief) constantly.

12. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

My college campus is partnered with Caribou, so everywhere there's coffee (including the cafeteria hall), there's Caribou. I had an Ice White Chocolate Mocha today. Oooohhhh.....

13. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Chris, I've never had that. I really like jasmine bulb green tea, that stuff is super good.

I'm a fan of the Indian chai flavor, but I brew a better one at home using my own ingredients. That stuff makes you go onto cloud 9 for hours.

14. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I like Caribou coffee only a little more than my own. It is good, I'll give you that.

15. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    I like Caribou for one reason and one reason only: Hoof Mints! :D

16. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

ROFL! oh yeah!

17. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    Most people cannot stand to have those in their mouth for more than a few seconds.

Something I tell people when they ask if they can try it is "DO NOT CHEW IT!"

What's the first thing they do? :rolleyes:

I can very easily put several in my mouth, chew, and go for more. :D

Altoids are candy to me.

18. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

hahah I chewed the very first hoof mint that I tried and I was sorry - mannnn was I sorry! Never have chewed another one.

Now I know to just suck 'em. I'm good at sucking. ;)

19. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Regular Member

Never tried hoof mints, are they comparable to altoids?
    I tend to agree, altoids are candy, not strong @ all ;)

20. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    Mark says, "Who is this 'Peggy' and where is she?"

:rofl: