Arcade Games

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Brandon, Jul 14, 2010.

1. KW802

KW802 Regular Member

Looks good! :D

OK, OK, personal preferences aside, there are some things catching my attention...

- Did you turn off the leaderboard? Usually in the sidebar at the bottom of the "Arcade Champions" section there is a link to view the leaderboard. (ACP => v3 Arcade => v3 Arcade Settings => v3 Arcade Leaderboard Settings)

- On the index page there appears to be a shadow at the bottom of the TD elements for the game description. Normally not there. Likely due to the style.

- With the style using white for some elements like the table header, it makes some things a bit off (like the "Arcade Games" text appearing on white instead of on a different colored background). To see what I mean, check here for comparison.

I know the style is available from vBSEO but did you make any modifications to it? If not, I'll grab a copy and put it on a test site to check out to see if we can't get those styling elements more inline with how it really should appear.

2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    not that I know of, I didn't setup any tournaments but other then that, it's stock

it's the vbseo 2 style in the vbseo downloads, haven't changed it to much yet

I do like how you can pick new games and add them right from the admincp, that's pretty cool IMO :)

3. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

Well, if you want, I had over 3K arcade games on EO.. I have them on one of my externals..Some were paid for some were free. If you want me to find them for you let me. It was a ton of them :)

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I have a CD too, but these come in via the admincp without me having to fire up the FTP.
    Are there any v3arcade, vbadvanced modules?

5. KW802

KW802 Regular Member

Sure. :) You can find some v3 Arcade vBa CMPS modules here.

Any in particular you're after?

6. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    thanks, I like this one but it through up a DB error when I enabled it.

7. KW802

KW802 Regular Member

Try this version instead. :)

8. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    thanks, I just added it but it doesn't seem to show anything?
    (bottom right module ATM)

9. KW802

KW802 Regular Member

That is a tad odd. If you run this query from your ACP, what do you get?

Code:
    SELECT * FROM v3arcade_news ORDER BY datestamp DESC LIMIT 6
    If you're using a table prefix, put it in front of the "v3arcade_news" name.

10. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon

Code:
    15  	<strong>Brandon</strong> is the new <a href="arcade.php?do=play&amp;gameid=101"><strong>Chopper Challenge</strong></a> champion!  	auto  	1280889525
    14 	<strong>KW802</strong> is the new <a href="arcade.php?do=play&amp;gameid=100"><strong>Asteroids</strong></a> champion! 	auto 	1280801020
    13 	<strong>Balance</strong> has been added to the Arcade! 	auto 	1280720309
    8 	<strong>Graveyard Golf</strong> has been added to the Arcade! 	auto 	1280720306
    9 	<strong>Wind Master</strong> has been added to the Arcade! 	auto 	1280720306
    10 	<strong>Wild things</strong> has been added to the Arcade! 	auto 	1280720306
    11 	<strong>Vacation dream</strong> has been added to the Arcade! 	auto 	1280720306
    12 	<strong>Sheep and Wolfes</strong> has been added to the Arcade! 	auto 	1280720306
    3 	<strong>Click Trick</strong> has been added to the Arcade! 	auto 	1280720301
    4 	<strong>Obama Uppy</strong> has been added to the Arcade! 	auto 	1280720301
    5 	<strong>Simon</strong> has been added to the Arcade! 	auto 	1280720301
    6 	<strong>Boozoids</strong> has been added to the Arcade! 	auto 	1280720301
    7 	<strong>MotoBots</strong> has been added to the Arcade! 	auto 	1280720301
    2 	<strong>Brandon</strong> is the new <a href="arcade.php?do=play&amp;gameid=99"><strong>Snake</strong></a> champion! 	auto 	1280717016
    1 	Arcade Installation Complete 	auto 	1280716891

11. KW802

KW802 Regular Member

When you imported the new module, did you make sure to delete the old one first including the /modules/arcadenews.php script? My 1st guess is that either the old template is being used yet or the old script (I changed the name of one of the templates in the updated version).

If you want, you can also submit a ticket over at v3A and I'll take a look.

12. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    yup, I just tried again with the same results.

13. KW802

KW802 Regular Member

{Looks at the XML file...}

Ooops! I guess it's been a while since I've created a CMPS module from scratch. :D Give me a few minutes for an update.....

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

OK, let's try that again. :rotfl: Grab a fresh copy and you should be good to go.

14. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Will do, thx for making it :)
    On the phone right now
    Will be back on later tonight

15. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

^Get off the phone slacker! :D

16. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I was at the store standing in line :laugh:
    I uploaded the module but it has funny characters in front :dazed:

17. KW802

KW802 Regular Member

Modify the template "adv_portal_arcade_advancebit" to remove it from there. It is supposed to be a dot character like in the screen shot but.... looks like when I exported the module to XML format the character got distorted. I'll experiment a bit to see if it was a vBa CMPS thing when exporting the template or a vB thing; if with vBa CMPS, then I'll mention it to Brian to take a look at.

18. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    do you know why we're getting this after the games when it's time to submit our score?

Brandon, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.