Another vBulletin 5 forum has asked for a refund.

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Brandon, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

The anti piracy argument doesn't work too well... after all, who leaks the code? Licensed customers. You never know who's the 'mole' behind selling out your code and secrets to the warez sites...

And I'm sure a better way exists to give out coupon codes to loyal customers...

Big al likes this.
  2. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    Not worth arguing over better ways because they are just examples. Your really can't imagine ANY circumstance you would prefer to talk ONLY to customers? Yes things get leaked- that doesn't mean you don't try.

3. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Gather round children there is another VB propaganda post coming soon.

aimg94.imageshack.us_img94_3172_signsfoilhatthumb550x37.jpg

4. SatGuyScott

SatGuyScott Regular Member

Maybe you could post the winning Powerball numbers in there too...

But none of these things you have mentioned have been done. The forum is a way for vBulletin / Internet Brands to hide vb5 feedback from possible new customers. That is the ONLY purpose it has served up until this point.

BTW someone keeps removing my signature at vb.com as my signature contains the phone number for Internet Brands in it, which is publisclly available on the website. The signature does not violate any of vb.com's rules. I could see if I was posting Bob Brisco's personal cell phone number on there I could understand removing it, but not the phone number which is plastered all over the IB website.

Big al, Brandon and Dan Hutter like this.
  5. SatGuyScott

Use email you you did with the spam telling us how great vB5 was...

6. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    If it's not your phone number it shouldn't be in your signature. It violates a rule if a mod told you to remove it or removed it for you and you put it back. But you knew that already. Enjoy your vacation from the site.

7. SatGuyScott

Joe, I have many accounts, a vacation is only more work for you guys and I just keep on moving forward.

No staff EVER PMed me and told me to stop, nor is there any written rule saying its against the rules. You guys are now making up rules as you need them.

I have been printing things out and faxing / emailing them to internet brands to show them how stupid their support staff is, and personally I hope they clean house and I think they need to do it soon.

I am not going to stop, I will keep pushing forward, while you and the rest of the staff act like big men pretenting that your software is so great, when honestly vb 5 is shit and I wouldn't want my worst competition to use it.

Big al likes this.
  8. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    I think as an adult you should know damn well your signature was going to be deleted and why. If you weren't sure you should have been by 2nd or 3rd time- but I do agree with you in that you should have been PMed or otherwise told specifically to stop before banning- but not my call. May have been overlooked if multiple staff were involved.

9. SatGuyScott

Joe you moron... (But my hero none the less) THERE IS NO RULE AGAINST WHAT I POSTED.

What part of that don't you get.

10. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    I will grant you there is no specific rule "Thou shall not post the company phone number with an invitation to have unhappy customers harass the CEO" but does there really need to be? And there is a rule "Decision of the mod staff is final" which would have been in play even if you think every rule needs to be written out to be valid.

Come on... The fact is the number is easily accessible should anyone want it, but your signature is not the appropriate place for it.

People calling to complain asking for Bob is not going to make vBulletin better any quicker. If people need to vote it should be with their wallets. If you don't like the product, blog about it, review it, post like you do here but please post legitimate and relevant issues. I will never fault anyone who posts here about being disappointed in VB5 performance or missing features. Those are legitimate gripes. But blaming the mod staff for being banned when you knew it was the only outcome from your course of action- frankly it weakens your entire argument.

If you launched a campaign to get a refund I wouldn't like the message (likely) but I would respect the attempt, and I'd understand it as well.

Inviting people t0 call some poor customer service rep who has no idea what is going on asking to be put through to the CEO of the company benefits no one.

Brandon likes this.
  11. SatGuyScott

Sure it does.

Bob is oblivious of what is happening at his company and he is losing money because of it, he should be informed of whats going on so he can make the needed changes.

Although perhaps I should be contacting Hellman & Friedman instead, as its their investment which is going down the toilet now.

Honestly I wouldn't be complaining if they would just fix the CKEditor. Wayne Luke tells me its an easy fix if I just download the CKeditor files myself and change a few files... If its this easy why can't vBulletin do it? Thats what I pay them for. If I wanted to be a programmer I would have written my own forum software and called it ScottForo... yeah that's the ticket!

12. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Bob certainly knows what is going on. Don't let the situation fool you. It is his leadership that got vBulletin to where it is.

Scott

13. SatGuyScott

My attorney said he went to college with Bob Brisco. It's a small world.

14. Big al

Big al Regular Member

So VB will be removing the ban and reinstating the member, as it is clear that normal protocol has not been adhered to and AGAIN the mods were in error.

As the member was NOT warned via PM as stated, then naturally he will be reinstated as this is the honourable thing to do.

15. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    I disagree- I am quite confident he knows the current situation with VB5- nothing you can tell him will be news to him.

If he said that please let me know where, I will post a follow-up. I'm pretty sure what he actually said was something more like "It has been reported by others that simply uploading new files will fix the issue" - which is true- I saw several posts where users claim they replaced the old ckeditor JS files with ones from the new package and claim it worked fine for them- but I could not replicate their results otherwise I would be telling everyone to do the same, or possibly write a mod to automate it.

This.

16. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

I do not understand all these posts. Point in case is VB5 is shit. No words or rose colored glasses going to change that. The only people who can change that are those who control it's development. They have refused to do so for now, thus open themselves up to the shit storm they are currently receiving.

It is pretty much the same as Xbox One. Wow did they drop the ball. The debut was so shitty and the product is so crappy that it increased Sony's stock price by a couple points. This happens in business. People tend to forget that Vbulletin is a business. Even those who are running it at the moment.

Will it ever be a viable product? Who knows.. But, at this point I doubt anyone cares due to their poor treatment of their customer base. That is where they really failed. The customer is ALWAYS right, but not according to Vbulletin. Also, notice as I call them Vbulletin. That seems to be how they want the product treated as its own entity and not part of the rest of their company.

Is what it is.. No need for people to get pissy about it. So, I guess what I am saying is yall need to simmer down youngens. This is a nice happy, community, family type deal we got going on around here. Sure family fights, but we still love each other afterwards.

acdn.memegenerator.net_instances_400x_32531393.jpg

Dan Hutter likes this.
  17. Big al

Big al Regular Member

[QUOTE I merely posted the fact I saw you submitted a ticket, not what was inside][/QUOTE]

More lies Joe! remember I have copies of it all. You posted part of my message, this is FACT.

Thank you Joe for proving me right, yet again you run away, exactly as I state you have done many times before. as you cannot handle the truth.

You can run but you cannot hide Joe. I am prepared to stand by what I say as it is facts, but you run away as you are sucking up to the low life scamming scum you encourage and support on your website.

You know Joe I close down many scam websites, this is why the scammers are using you in an attempt to smear me. And you are falling for it!

18. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Copy of my post asking for help regarding Joe from the VB.org administrators.

19. Big al

Big al Regular Member

My apologies to the members of this site and I wish to thank you for your patience with the posts that I feel needed to be done.

By showing the unethical practices and possible compromisation to scammers of at least one of the staff that VB employs, it may help us to understand the attitude of them towards their customers.

I do not hate VB and they have some good features as many here have stated. But I do not like the way that some of their employees are trying to take their customers as fools.

Early on I said that I considered that VB5 was ill conceived and launched before it was ready, I have not seen anything to alter that opinion.

Brandon likes this.
  20. SatGuyScott

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-do-you-run-vbulletin-5?p=3959691#post3959691

And he says they haven't tested it yet... WHY? This is a big issue for many of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.