And you STILL want it?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by FullMetalBabe, Jun 16, 2009.

1. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

:P I'm not against the software, I was puzzled on so many rumors and such. I like the interface and I've hears is very easy to design for, I was very confused in between what many people said and such.

2. Blackout

Blackout Addict

First Name:
    Jacob
    I've never used the software. I've always been a member, but I've never seen nor heard anyone complain of it to me.

3. Velocity

Velocity Newcomer

The first three months after I got a vBulletin board I must have asked about a hundred questions in the forum, and still everyone was courteous and helpful to me. The few times I've had to file a support ticket, I got help nearly immediately, and nobody chewed me out for wasting their time when one of those requests turned out to be a problem with Norton Security, not the vB software.

I used to follow the vB 4.0 discussion thread until it devolved into an endless bitchfest about the vB staff. If the people involved in that whole deal were banned, good. I wondered why anyone was putting up with it in the first place.

This is the first I'm hearing of any leak incident. I blame the people who made the discussion thread impossible to read. :p

4. torque

torque Regular Member

I have had a registered vBulletin license for about two years now after coming over from phpbb (and I am so glad that I did), and have had absolutly no issues with vbulletin software or support staff.

About 6 months ago I purchased a second license as I was going to expand my network (or at least have it for a planned future expansion), American dollars cost me alot of money (coming from Australia) so the $160+ not to mention Branding Free and Blog addons cost me an arm and a leg and I sold something else to get the majority of the money needed for it - however after I sent the item to the person who brought it they filed a chargeback through paypal who just openly handed the money back to them without any investigation.

In doing so it meant that the funds were not in my paypal account to purchase the vbulletin software (I was in hospital and was not aware of this), and a couple of days later I received a nicely worded email from Steve who let me know, and said he understood the situation and what would I like to do about it - I quickly got the money into the account through other means and paid for it.

But the whole time Steve and the team were polite, kept in the loop and understood the situation I was in - and were very open when dealing with the issue.

I don't care about this whole vb4.0 and leaked information and feel sorry for the staff there who get bombarded when more and more useless threads get opened more or less another public bashing of the "leaked" information.

I think before people complain they should wait for an official announcement, I am not a coder by any means however do not post on the forums over there at vb.com or vb.org often as it usually gets hijacked by people with alteria motives and the thread gets closed without getting some sort of answer to my issue - or those who know everything about coding just come in and say:-
    "You need to create a plugin" or "You need to edit the script" but don't tell you how, where to start and it's more or less useless just saying that to a newbie like me.

Which is why I sign up to places like AA or Wayne Lukes' vBcodex as they are great communities, and people are always there to help, share opinions.

5. lyco

lyco Addict

First Name:
    Chase
    fullmetalbabe if you want to get a feel of vbulletin join my site you can play all you want :) i will make a style for you to play with other than that you can have fun lol

6. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

vB is amazing.

7. Chris

Chris Regular Member

You can say that again, FMB - it's a wonderful script. :thumbup:

8. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Oh yes it is! I JUST got a look at it.... DUDE I AM IN LOVE! <3 *-*

9. Chris

Chris Regular Member

See? It takes one trip to the administrative interface and then you're hooked.

10. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Not had any problems with the vbulletin team at all, not on the .org or the .com. I have had one run in with a mod author but that is all :)

vBulletin will always win the majority over even if you had to pay for support, it is in my opinion sheer amazing!

11. lyco

lyco Addict

First Name:
    Chase
    yep i just couldnt handle ipb the admin control panel is so confusing

12. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I agree! Thank you!! <3

Being one that have never used vB before, at first it was kind of hard to get into it, I am still trying some aspects ^^;;. But it's pretty easy to get used to.

13. lyco

lyco Addict

First Name:
    Chase
    alot of people say that

14. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I agree, when using vB for the first time, that control panel does look daunting. But eventually you come to appreciate having all those options :)

15. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

At least I thought it was daunting. It has taken time to get used to it, but this is my first forum.

Do you have access to the adminCP?

16. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

One of the members here gave me an opportunity to experience a bit, maybe even later on experience more design wise. :P Very thankful.

17. lyco

lyco Addict

First Name:
    Chase
    im glad you like vb

18. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    Sounds like you need to win our contest, FMB. :D

19. Chris

Chris Regular Member