AdminAddict Grand-Opening Contest: Free vBulletin and IPB license

Discussion in 'Admin Talk News' started by Nick, May 25, 2009.

1. Randy

Randy Adept

First Name:
    Randy
    not curious for me, if i end up winning and take it ill just pass it down or something but figured it would be nice for others to know :D

2. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Indeed. It will be posted publicly shortly. :)

3. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Another question: who's doing the custom skin? Will it be Gracious Benefactor Chris M's creation, a volunteer, or will a designer be hired? :)

4. Chris

Chris Regular Member

A designer of the winner's choice (most likely) will be hired. :)

5. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Chris, I'm thinking out loud here, but if the first place winner didn't want anything except the license, could he/she exchange the rest of the prizes for multiple licenses equal to the value of the forfeited prizes?

6. Chris

Chris Regular Member

That's not a bad idea, actually. That can be done. :)

7. Tom

Tom Regular Member

I believe I asked this...

If you want the license, and no other prizes, can you exchange them for the value of actual money that can be sent to your Paypal account?

8. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    I am not sure what Chris and Nick think about that, but in my opinion, absolutely not.

9. Tom

Tom Regular Member

That's fine, perfectly fine.

I would only opt for the license, any way and I could will the rest to the member of my choice, or the other runner-ups?

10. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Savage is correct. As a cash prize is not officially listed as being something the winner(s) would receive, we have chosen to not offer that as an alternative. :)

11. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Thanks for clarification, bro.

12. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Come on guys, get to posting. Lets help this place grow. ;)

13. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Tom, as has been stated, cash value exchanges simply will not be permitted. From the original post:

Option #3 means you could also obtain as many licenses as the cash value of all forfeited prizes is equal to.

14. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Thanks, Nick.

I think I am all out of questions; I fully understand the contest.

15. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    Boss, lookin' sleek in red my friend. :yes:

16. Randy

Randy Adept

First Name:
    Randy
    If you end up picking feel free to hit me up for some past work :D i dont have any forum designs but i can show some regular site designs.

17. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    Addendum:

It has been brought to our attention that several members are referring new users who make just enough posts (ten) to be counted as a valid referral. Furthermore, these ten posts are extremely lacking in quality and do not contribute to the main content areas of our community. Many of them are made solely in the Introductions and Miscellaneous forums.

Therefore, (and despite the increased workload this means for us) all ten posts made by referred members must not be made in the Miscellaneous forum or the Introductions forum (other than your own introduction).

The whole point of this contest is to bring in legitimate activity. Some members are wholeheartedly inviting their friends and colleagues, all of which become active members for an extended period of time, while others are referring members who meet the bare-minimum requirements.

Just know that the point of this contest is to improve our community. Ten posts made in the Miscellaneous forum by a user who will never return again doesn't fulfill this goal. :frown:

As for everyone else: we appreciate your on-going effort in the contest and wish you the best of luck for a chance at those prizes! :yes:

18. torque

torque Regular Member

That is fair enough, I am only new here and doubt I would win but am at least going to try especially being new to the whole vbulletin world I have questions that need answering etc etc and hopefully those posts count haha.

Did dream of the idea that if I did win may try IPB I have seen it but never thought about having one, however having a complete custom skin for my sport site would be awesome haha.

Great Idea for the competition.

19. torque

torque Regular Member

Hey not sure if you wanted me to post a new reply or edit my last one as if I edited my last one it wouldn't register there was new information - so apologies in advance, I have tried to look through the 13 pages so far to find the answer to this and am hoping an admin can answer for me...

1) Say I somehow pulled off the biggest feat of my life and won this competition would it be possible for example to get an Ib License, however a custom made script for my current vB board?

2) Do I have to keep my hosting with you?

20. Nick

Nick Regular Member

1) Yes. But in order to get both, you would need to give up one of the other prizes being worth a value equal to the vBulletin add-on. Maybe it's easier to put it this way: calculate the cash value of all the first-place prizes and feel free to have us buy anything you want with it, as long as it is related to forum/community software and improvements.

2) Are you asking if it's possible for us to pay to host you elsewhere? If so, I'll let Chris answer this one. :)