Admin Training School

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Bandit, May 28, 2009.

1. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Yes, I've lost count. :spin:

2. Tom

Tom Regular Member

:lol:

Sorry there, I won't say it any more...

3. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    Good luck with this - it'll definitely be one-of-a-kind. And a great one, too.

4. Bandit

Bandit Addict

First Name:
    Mark
    Thanx Savage, I appreciate it.

5. Bandit

Bandit Addict

First Name:
    Mark
    To help us advertise the A.T.S, I am looking for graphical contributions from anyone wishing to help.

We need the following:

88x31 Affiliate Images
    468x60 Web banners
    125x125 Box Images

The design should be professional looking, and reflect what the A.T.S is. Apart from that, the design choices are up to you.

We also need a logo... Some way of incorporating the 'A.T.S' initials, into a sleek looking design, that will be used as the main logo for all A.T.S related material, such as: promotional emails, On each certificate, all other A.T.S related documentation.

If you have a talent with graphics and wish to help, please post your submissions here. All submissions will be gratefully appreciated,and a special prize will be announced soon, that will go to the member that comes up with the design we decide to use as our A.T.S logo.

thank you all for your support.

New A.T.S Logo - Freeadz

6. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

YOu only!?

7. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I think you'll be better off by creating a new thread specifically for your requests in the Graphics Requests section. :)

8. Bandit

Bandit Addict

First Name:
    Mark
    Will do Nick, Thanx

9. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Sounds like a good idea; maybe some of my people will be interested in taking these courses.

10. Bandit

Bandit Addict

First Name:
    Mark
    Soliloquy: They would be more than welcome. You know plenty about being an admin, would you consider being an Instructor?

Can any of the members here, put me in contact with anyone that would be interested in becoming an Instructor/Examiner for the A.T.S? Remember that the examiners need to be well known and respected, and experts in one of the Community Software Packages we teach. Examiners will get $2.50 per exam carried out.

11. Bandit

Bandit Addict

First Name:
    Mark
    Ok, here's where I stand with the ATS now...

After FreeAdz was hacked, our most recent back up was corrupted, forcing us to use one that was over a month old. This has resulted in us losing around 80% of the documentation and tutorials that our team had put together.

So, I made the decision to Move the ATS out onto it's own domain sooner rather than later. We have the new forum set up and running, so all we need to do now is to start rewriting all the stuff we lost.

The link to the new board is:

Admin Training School

Hope to perhaps see a few of you there...

12. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I'm glad to see that you're not allowing the "hacking problem" to get in the way. Looking good. :)

13. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Man, sorry to hear you had so much data loss. I hope you can recreate it. Good luck Bandit!

14. Bandit

Bandit Addict

First Name:
    Mark
    How It Works:

Each course will run for 4 weeks, and follow the course plan shown bellow.

Week 1:

• Pre Installation Checks:
    • Installing a board from the beginning:
    • Basic Settings configuration:
    • Securing Your Board:

Week 2:

• Skin/Style Installs:
    • Modification Installs:
    • Advertising/Promotion Techniques:
    • Basic SEO Techniques:

Week 3:

• Member Management:
    • Staff Management:
    • Daily Admin Tasks:
    • Advanced Settings Configuration:

Week 4:

• Moving Your Board To A New Server:
    • Creating Back Up:
    • Installing a back up:
    • Server File Permissions:

Each week, the students will be given Tutorials & Documentation to study. The ATS instructors will then guide the students through the material, answering any questions they may have, and giving practical examples where necessary. At the end of each week, the students will take a multiple choice exam, which they must pass to progress to the following week.

At the end of the final week, the students then become the responsibility of the ATS Examiners. These examiners are experts in their chosen community software package, and have at least 10 years experience in running community forums, or has been (or is), a member of the 'Official' support Team/Mentoring Team for the community software package they are employed by the ATS as examiners for.

The final exam will be a 'Practical' one. The students will have to demonstrate that they are capable of completely installing their community software, including the creation of the required databases and file configuration. Once that part of the final exam is complete, the students will then be required to configure the board settings, set up several forums, install a new skin/style, and install at least 1 modification.

The final stage of the practical exam will require the students to create a database back up, and a full site back up. The student will then use the full site back up they have created to export their site to another host (Details will be provided).

The examiners will then go through everything the students have been asked to do, and make a decision on any marks that should be deducted for anything done incorrectly. The pass mark for this exam will differ from exams of a different level (i.e Advanced, Intermediate, Beginner). The examiners have the final and only say, on whither a student passes or fails the final exam. Any students that fail the final exam will have to either resit and pass the exam with 48, or wait until the next course reaches the final exam stage again.

Students that pass the course will receive a certificate graphic, which will display the following information:

1. Students Name
    2. Students Username
    3. Course Number
    4. Course Level
    5. Pass Date
    A hard copy of the certificate will be available for the small cost of $3 for the beginner level courses, and FREE for the Intermediate/Advanced courses (Included in course fee).

Those that pass, will also be provided with a link that leads to the 'Role of Honor' page here on the ATS forum. This link can be used by the student to back up their right to display a pass certificate from the ATS. Should ideally be added to your online C.V that you submit, when applying for a future community admin position.

More info to follow shortly....

Mission Statement - Admin Training School