Will vBulletin.com be changing their main site again?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by cheat-master30, Oct 22, 2009.

1. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

From the vB 4 upgrade announcement:

Will that mean they'll use the CMS for their site? If they don't, it doesn't particularly build confidence in the product, and I'm not sure what else they'd stick on a seperate CMS demo...

2. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

The CMS isn't really suitable for what they need as the main site, which involves a full shopping cart and members area. Don't see how they could use the CMS for any of that.

I can see they might use it to publish some articles about the software or something....

3. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

We have extensive plans to use the CMS for a lot of content on the site actually.

4. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I never get much right these days....

5. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Totally agree, they need something completly different for the Sales Main Page. However, they could still use the CMS for maybe SUPPORT ANSWER, HOW TOO type Articles, or whatever. After all, it is an article system.

6. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Well Wayne's just cleared that one up. So I was wrong, but I was sort of right really, as they can't use it for the shopping cart but they can use it for articles etc.

7. GTB

GTB Regular Member

It's not a shopping cart system though is it, it's an article system. Two totally different things. Maybe a Widget may come out in the future for people to add a type of shopping cart feature to it to sell stuff from posted articles, who knows.

But that's not the type of thing vBulletin.com would use as a main sales page though still. Do you see IPS using their new CMS as their shopping cart?

8. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Well ok, vb.com is down but I was hoping for it to be up today.

Feel free to ignore this question but if you could answer that would be great.

Forums can be searched, will the articles / blogs be able to be searched? There are is a strong need for us to be far more organized and was thinking about using those.

9. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

Of course... In fact, one search will search everything.

2 people like this.
  10. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Thanks!!!

11. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I agree, my point is, I never expected they COULD use it as a shopping cart....so I didn't think there was much to use it for on the main site. People were saying "it's bad they won't be using the CMS for the main site", and I was pointing out that that was quite difficult to do.

But as it turns out they will be using it anyway, for new areas of content.

12. Imperial

Imperial Adept

I certainly hope that vB.com updates. Not sure who went with orange/bright teal for the index's color scheme, but it looks terrible :eek: