When would be the best time to signup for Google AdSense?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Iron Hide, May 3, 2011.

1. Iron Hide

Iron Hide Regular Member

Hi,

I just started my new forums website and want to know that when would be a good time to start adsense account. I want to explore different options. I have a couple week old forum site, with 25 members :) and 610 page views per day. Any advice will be highly appreciated.
    My site is: www.marvelousforums.com

Thanks

2. KneeGr0w

KneeGr0w Newcomer

First Name:
    Matt
    You can start at any time, it won't really make a difference.

3. Iron Hide

Iron Hide Regular Member

ok thanks for the response

4. onlineearner123

onlineearner123 Regular Member

yeah........you can apply anytime for the adsense........it wont make much difference

5. Marker1z

Marker1z Regular Member

First Name:
    Marker
    You can sign up whenever you want, just send them a link to your website and you should get approved in a week or two.

6. sijugk

sijugk Regular Member

First Name:
    Siju
    As a webmaster, you can apply for adsense at any time. However, Google adsense is very strict now about approving websites. It depends on the country, quality of content, domain age etc. If you are from Asian countries you will find it difficult to get adsense approval unless your website has quality content plus decent domain age.

7. gallitin

gallitin Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    Even if you do get approved make sure you comply with all AdSense terms of service. I've heard a lot of horror stories where people fail to do so then are banned for life.

8. GTB

GTB Regular Member

All it takes is for somebody to start messing around on your site site clicking ads, game over for you making any money from AdSense. Suspect that goes on a lot between large competing forums in the same niche, easy way to try and get rid of the competition if being reliant on ads revenue from Google AdSense.

That makes 11111 replies in this forum section. :uhh:

9. CallieJo

CallieJo Regular Member

First Name:
    CallieJo
    I would definitely start in the beginning. Why? If you ad some ads later, your members might not like it after enjoying the forum without ads. If they are use to seeing ads, they are less likely to complain. This is assuming you don't have any ads up yet, of coarse.

10. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Think it's harder now though to start with ads on a forum. It's harder to get members now unlike years ago posting, so it might be wise to start without them and only use them later if your server cost warrants them being used.