What is up with CompletevB?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by s.molinari, May 25, 2013.

1. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Does anyone know?

The forum looks like it is overrun with spambots now and it seems useless to post anything there.

http://www.completevb.com/site-news-anouncements/

I was recommending them as one of the last bastions of halfway decent and supported styles for vB4 and now it looks like I'll have to stop recommending them.:(

Scott

2. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I see what you mean. Yesterday when I looked it was ok, but today there are so many spams on there.

I am surprised, as the spams are easy to spot. the usernames like "my9wq9ds0" are very easy to spot as spammers.

I am afraid that we may be headed for some very active spammers in the near future. Some of the financial spammers have been investing in automated mass emailing systems that are very sophisticated and effective.

There are now several websites run by scammers that sell these automated systems, indeed I have been discussing one of them on here recently who operates out of Kerala in India.

3. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

I think it's just been abandoned. Not sure why, maybe they didn't like vBulletin's new direction and decided it was best to move on, or sold the site to someone who didn't give a damn about the community or stopping spam.

It is a shame though. I hate it when you've got great forums just completely overrun by spammers and with all legitimate content buried pages and pages back.

Big al likes this.
  4. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I hope not. VB4 is a viable system and any genuine support is still needed.

5. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Hopefully Ib didn't buy them out.

LOL!

Scott

6. Lairston

Lairston Regular Member

I checked a profile of the one who does announcements and they haven't been on since May 10. Maybe they're on vacation and the spammers took advantage.