What is Google Bombing?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by cpvr, Oct 18, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Wikipedia has the answer as to what "Google Bombing is"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_bomb

So, have you ever witnessed someone that has used Google bombing? I'm a fan of Link bait content that gets people to link to you as well, it seems like a really good method to use.

Dan Hutter and Brandon like this.
  2. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I remember the miserable failure Google bomb for Bush Jr. That thar was funny.

There was another recently that someone posted it was funny as hell too but I forget what it was.

Really what Google Bombs show you is how vulnerable Google's algorithm is when it's screwed with on a large scale. I know a guy who breaks every rule: Hidden text, hundreds of doorway pages, etc and he still ranks on top for his terms.

Brandon likes this.
  3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I remember the miserable failure one, I always thought this would be a great way to gain search engine rank and I wonder why more people don't do it?

4. johnthomas1433

johnthomas1433 Regular Member

There are plenty of Google bombs, but none as famous as the Bush bomb! Like Dan pointed out, it shows one how fragile and miserable Google's system is, and if people turn smarter, then they can easily break the system and rank their sites well. That's the reason why we people still do BH SEO, because we have beaten the system plenty of times, and we know we shall continue breaking it. After all, its just an algorithm.